replacing my old k8

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MoRf

replacing my old k8

Post by MoRf »

hi im in the process of changing the motor in my mx-3, i bought a whole car for parts it is heavily rusted in the back , but the engine has low miles .
i know a k8 to k8 swap is gay , but my old k8 is toast 300k on it and it burns about 4 L of oil a week lol, and the cost of my entire parts car was 50$ :D i found it at an impound lot !, i wanted to kl-de but i dont have the money for it :(, but anyways is there anything i should check/replace while the engine is out ?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hey post pics, i say part out the parts u dont need. and sell em here, we want em!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Well, if the engine is out, it'd be easy to do timing belt and water pump. Maybe get new engine mounts.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Yup, change the timing belt, water pump and seal, front and rear main seals, clean it. Check for other leaks such as around the oil cooler, valve covers and head. If you see some oil that was coming from there then replace those seals too. Best to do what you can now as it is WAY easier to work on out of the car.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
MoRf

Post by MoRf »

the new engine is verry clean , and as far as i can tell by the service records it had a new timening belt put on at just over 100k kms and it now has 150, so it should be alright , i dont have alot of money , and i need my car on the road asap , so i should check the water pump seals ?

the car was lady driven since new , this is the first mx-3 that ive seen that had everything in place under the hood lol welll (stock placement), im going to put my new wires on it and buy new plugs also (basic ngks i think), and a new fuel filter while im at it lol

and anyone looking for parts , i have a ton :D this is my 3rd mx3 it's a blaze red 92, all ive taken off it is the engine and tranny, i can get pics if your interested.

thx for the help and wish me GL on puttin the new engine in! im starting it tomorow;)
cbrzx

Post by cbrzx »

wow,
you are just like me dude.
I just got my 4th MX3 and loving it!

I too have lots of parts!
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I have 3 MX-3's so I am in the more than 2 club as well ;) LOL

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”