Help-Initial start but won't restart

Other - General Mazda Discussions
canuk351

Help-Initial start but won't restart

Post by canuk351 »

Hi. I am a new member and I need your help. I have a 93 V6 Precidia with a 160,000 kms that is acting up. The first sign of a problem was when the engine stalled and I couldn't get it to restart. After leaving it sit for an hour, it started and ran fine. The next morning it started fine and I ran it for about a minute before shutting off the engine. When I immediately went to restart it, the engine turned over without firing. The timinng chain was replaced last year and I can hear the fuel pump engage. Any ideas as to why the intermitant starting? Coil, fuel filter, fuel pump?Thanks in advance.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Please do not start two posts about the same problem. Someone answered your other post...
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
The General

Post by The General »

well I had this problem with a 96 passat glx vr6 and the problem was an ignition switch, it wouldnt start in the cold and eventually didnt start at all. Then I put the new ignition switch in and it was fine.

Return to “General Mazda”