Intake manifold removed, passage to vavle filled with gas.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
studboy13

Intake manifold removed, passage to vavle filled with gas.

Post by studboy13 »

So I took of my intake manifold to clean it today, and when i removed it, two of my 6 passages to my valves, i dont know what there called, were filled to the top with gas. the gas wouldnt run for more than 2 or 3 seconds before that, this isnt normal is it? I need to clean out my valves, dont I? Is there an easier way to do anything about this? and what caused this?
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm thats strange.. kinda of reminds mke of the situation i had. I dont know why or how... but it seems that when my car cought fire this happened... its a hypothesis.

The Fuel pressure regulator failed, fille dim with fuel, fuel somehow squirted out of the runners got spark from by arching plug wires and BOOM..

why do I say that Because it tried to happen again. After the fire I used the same regulator.. car wouldnt start, cranked and checked and yup fuel was leaking out of the IM runner.. and the bolts were torqued.. odd, replaced the regulator and its good to go.

Basically im saying check the FPR, does the car run fine?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Are you sure you not talking the fuel injectors? You shouldn't get much leakage from them. Yes you'll have a little, but its possible they could be sticking.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

holy, Zoso- I haven't seen you post in a month of Sundays! :shock:
Not on topic, sorry.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
studboy13

Post by studboy13 »

i think the valves r would thatt do it?
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

You got two bad injectors, you should be able to buy a set of used fuel rails with the injectors still in them for $20 in the For Sale Forum. Are you sure you didn't accidentally leak fuel down in them after you disconnected the fuel lines? which cylinders are they?

-Pat, I'm always watching! 8)
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

could also be 2 bad bottom o-rings on the injectors, happened to me before
Inspect the injector o-rings carefully for cracks.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
studboy13

Post by studboy13 »

its a V6, so on the three farthest away, its the two to the right if ur looking at the car + - -
+ + +

the two dashes above

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”