BP header question...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
facko

BP header question...

Post by facko »

i just picked up a 96 BP ( which is in awesome shape btw :D ) and i found out that aparently in 96 mazda put an "experimental" header on them...i already ordered a pacesetter header for the motor tho so my question is....does anyone have any experience with the stock header and the pacesetter one? im assuming the pacesetter will be an improvement but i figured id ask and see if anyone has an opinion on whether its worth it or not v.s. the stock one? i was gonna ask on clubprotege but i figure id ask here first since i <3 u guys that much more :)
facko

Post by facko »

no one's used a 96 protege motor? or did everyone else just have enough bank to skip the NA stage and jump right into a turbo lol Maybe ill expand the question a lil bit and ask if anyone has used the pacesetter on a BP and how they liked it? i was reading around on google and that experimental one is supposed to be a nice upgrade from the regular cast iron manifold but that doesnt mean to much w/o a comparison :?
WingleBeast

Post by WingleBeast »

from my pacesetter experience with the B6 they are very cheeply made without much R&D. i view pacesetter as just somthing to throw on there as a temporary solution when making the exhaust larger
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

the BP's used 2 manifold type's a cast manifold and a tubular manifold. LOL
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
facko

Post by facko »

...yeah thats what i said man i got the the header type one hence experimental not a legitamite header i was askin if anyone had experience with the two. not for you to laugh about something i already said
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

i mis read im tired and just got off work sorry man im slipping. in my opinion stick with the tubluar stock BP manifold. but if u want to go aftermarket by all means go u know there not to many that make a header for the BP. they made one for the 94-97 kia sophia same shyt. i'll look around for it.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
facko

Post by facko »

its cool man i was pretty tired when i posted that too...so, my bad as well lol. but thx for that lil bit of info! i was hoping the pacesetter would have arrive before the weekend but i gotta wait till monday/tuesday i guess -sigh- ill be sure to let u guys kno which i end up using incase some one is interested in the spare :)
e2blade

Post by e2blade »

yea my friend got pacesetter headers

yea they pretty much suck

the paint was all runny and it looks cheap

and i realli dont like the sound personly

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”