Just an idea i have....

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mx3_klze

Just an idea i have....

Post by mx3_klze »

im still a mx6 drive untill the next month when i get an mx3, but i have an idea. since the mx3 with out a hatch kinda looks like a del sol. has any tried making the make a look like the del sol back or turn it into an el camino? Image
hharb

Post by hharb »

yeah thats one of the first things i thought about when i got my car.. it's been done, but trust me nothing looks better than the hatch lol
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

wow I just had flashbacks of what I did one summer! LOL 8)
People have done the del sol conversions and there was a company that actually used to make a fiberglass del sol style hatch but that was a long time ago...

Image[/img]
mx3_klze

Post by mx3_klze »

i'm going to look for pictures. i wanna see if i like it or not.
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

ive had plans now for a while to buy a spare hatch and take the glass out and fiberglass it to a del sol-esqu style trunk. and make it so i can swap between the hatch and the del sol rear. just havnt found a spare hatch at a junk yard yet in good enough condition.
RED CAR: 94 MX-3 GS soon to be GS-R Engine: K8 weapon R intake, racing cat, pacesetter exhaust, 8.5 MM wires. Suspension and Breaks: Ground control coilovers, KYB GR2 struts, front and rear strut bars, crossdrilled rotors. Wheels and tires: ADV revolution 17" with Fuzion ZRI rubber. Body: Mazdaspeed front bumper, brand new paint job. Interior: X2 racing seats w/ 4 Pt harnesses, underglow under the dash, carbon fibre gauge bezel, reverse glow gauges, Painted trim Stereo: sony xplod head unit, pioneer 3 ways all around, rockford fosgate amp, lightning audio 1 farad capacitor, dual eclipse 12" subs. WHITE CAR: 93 MX-3 GS-R Engine: KL-ZE weapon R intake, SS autochrome headers, racing cat, 2.25 echaust with dual fartcan, curved neck intake and TB, intake and TB spacers, Stage 3 six puck clutch, 8.5 MM wires ordering fidanza flywheel this week. Suspension and Breaks: STOCK. Wheels and tires: STOCK with 225 bfgoodrich euro T/A rubber. Body: STOCK nasty and dirty car sat for four years before i brought it back to life, hood scoop. Interior: STRIPPED Stereo: Pioneer head unit, infinity 3 ways all around, rock ford fosgate amp, single 12" rockford punch sub
mx3_klze

Post by mx3_klze »

it looks ok. i might do it. I'm going to do some more research on it.
hharb

Post by hharb »

it looks good, i mean i like it but i prefere the hatch... and when you look at the time, money, and effort spent on such conversion you will find out that it's sooo not worth it :P
mx3_klze

Post by mx3_klze »

thats more of a car show , i think. i was going to do turbo then just go straight up car show thats why i asked but the del sol conversion. but then this morning my cousin brought me to school and on the way here we stop on a red light and an mx3 pulled up and reved. it sound so nice, i fell in love. we took off and it got us off the line and we couldnt talk to him.
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

Even better, I've always kinda liked the RX-7 hatch on the MX-3. It is one of the thins that has to grow on you I guess.
'92 GS
My worklog
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

To each his own I guess... Have never been a fan of the delsol anyway and in the case of modding the MX-3 that way, it destroys the nice azz-end lines of the MX-3 imho. My .02 + a buck'll also get ya a cuppa coffee.
Image -Jim
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

if u want the look of a honda get a damn honda
bah 8)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS

Return to “Appearance”