About to buy...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
SSINTENSE

About to buy...

Post by SSINTENSE »

Is this a good asking price?
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... &cardist=0

The car's interior had some custom work done to it and the engine was fully rebuilt. I test drove the car and it ran great. It was loud and pretty effin fast.

I'm about to offer 5500. I looked through this forum and have yet to see any offers that high for an MX3.

My question is - is this worth it?

I figure I would confer to all the MX3 experts.

Please let me know!

Thanks
hharb

Post by hharb »

NO, it is so not worth it lol, unless the link is wrong this car has an ok body ok interior, 4 cylinder and it looks like crap. you can find awesome ZEs for even less.... stay on the forum you are likely to come across far better deals. I would pay no more than $2k and thats canadian money for that car, but again thats just me.
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

thats real high for an mx-3...plus its auto and im prity sure they ahd problems with the auto's...but im not sure.. i think thats to high of a price..
cyclonekid78

Post by cyclonekid78 »

Do another search for mx3s and you can find alot better deals. ITS AUTO with a 1.6L, NO WAY. maybe for 2000bucks.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchres ... ywordsfyc=

The only ones above 3000 is the GS which would be worth it.
93 RS BPTurbo
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boris

Post by Boris »

I picked up my 1.6L manual for $750 with only 175,000 km on it. Body has a bit of rust but nothing too bad. If you have that kind of money to spend on one, buy one for $2000 and spend the rest of your money on perfecting it.
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

woah don't do it :shock:

I paid $5400 for my first 94 mx-3 1.8v6 auto in 2000 and it had a 100k miles on it! although the body and interior were perfect!

I agree with the other guys... you could get a swapped ZE for much less than that and then have money to still get cool stuff! Or you could just get a shell and work from the ground up like I did on my second mx-3! bought the shell for $500 and then did all the rest myself!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Id give him around 2000.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

$2000 tops. And thats assuming the seller was a cute nubile young lady too. That person has serious delusional issues and didnt bother checking blue book value in their area before putting that thing up for same. It seems to be in good shape.. but the ATX WILL give you problems at some point. Look for a 5spd version. It will get you better gas mileage and is a lot more reliable.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I wouldnt even give him $2000.
I would shoot him in the head for having such a "fast" riced out vehical

Case closed
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”