car alarm

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
94mx3precidia

car alarm

Post by 94mx3precidia »

Hey i just got my 94 mx3 last weekend. under the hood it looks as though the previous owner had installed a car alarm, its not the horn i know that for sure. so i removed the strrering coloum cover and had a look at the wiring. the wires that come from the car alarm make their way along to under the steering coloum, not they are not connect to anything but beside it there is a black box which i am presuming is the alarm system. I'd post a picture but i dont know if i can or how to do it. Any advice would be helpful.
Mazdaracer

Post by Mazdaracer »

i'm not quite sure what your asking...i guess you want to remove it.

but yes, that black box is most probably the alarm brain. You can unplug it and generally all will be fine. But if it has a starter kill (and/or ignition kill and/or fuel cut) there's a chance you'll have to locate those connections and get it back to stock. It really all depends on how good the installation was.

Do you have the remote(s)? If not, when you plug the alarm back in, it might go off. If it does goes off when plugged back in and you don't have the remotes, and you wish it to remain plugged in...you'll have to either figure out the procedure using the valet switch and ignition key, or just remove it entirely. (assuming you can locate the valet switch itself)
THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan
1990 BG8P Protege LX - KLZE - Race Preped - #98 SM - SCCA Solo2
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

id like to keep it in, but its not hooked up. Unfortunately i dont have the remote so i might consider getting a new alarm system. it looks as though he might have put a switch under the steering wheel cover. Thanks for all the help.

and another thing, i was checking the condition of my cv joints and i noticed this sensor was bad. it looked as though one cable had been severed off. here is a picture of it, its located at the front right wheel if you were looking at the car. Image

ive looked in my manual but i cannot find what sensor it is. Im thinking it has something to do with the clutch, but im in the dark here. shine some light on me and let me know what you think.
Mazdaracer

Post by Mazdaracer »

Thats the transmission it's threaded into and thats the reverse light switch.
THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan
1990 BG8P Protege LX - KLZE - Race Preped - #98 SM - SCCA Solo2
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

Mazdaracer wrote:Thats the transmission it's threaded into and thats the reverse light switch.
thanks, ill check tommorow and see if the reverse lights work.
if i take the sensor out, will oil come out. It looks as though i can fix it by just resoddering the wire back to the connection.
cbrzx

Post by cbrzx »

since you don't have the remote, getting a new alarm is the best choice.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

Ive fixed the reverse light switch, i just re soddered it back into position when i changed my axells while my tranny fluid was out. It works fine now.

the horn isnt even wired in, i found that out a few days ago. Ive got a black box under my steering collum. ill take a picture. let me know what you think it is.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

Mazdaracer wrote:(assuming you can locate the valet switch itself)
valet switch? is this the switch under the steering collum? What does it do?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”