Keyless entry help

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Dark_Rider2k3

Keyless entry help

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

So I got the keyless entry kit's like everyone has, but I have a problem with wiring it up.

I looked on the forums and only found pictures of mounting the "gun" which i've already done..

IDK if you need to know this but here is where I'm told the wires go:

Orange- Ground
White- Actuator wire
Yellow- +12 volts, fused, constant
Orange/Black- Ground
White/Black- Other Actuator wire
Yellow/Black- +12 volts, fused, constant

Purple- +12V Output to parking lights
Red- To Battery, +12V
Black- To Battery, -12V (or ground)
Pink- Trunk Release +12V

If anyone can show me how they have it wired up, or point out locations where the wires go (except for the ground, I already have a good ground that I used for interior neon lights earlier)

Thanks a lot everyone!!
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

This is not the most safe or elegant way - but it should get the job done -

I think that to wire up the parking lights you need extra relay and for trunk release you need another relay and actuator.
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

thanks a lot, I will try this right now!!! :lol:

edit:

All the wires are hooked up according to the diagram, and I triple checked all the wires/connections to make sure there were no breaks...

with that said, I could hear the "receiver" (if that's what it's called) make a few clicking noises when I pressed either the lock or unlock buttons on my remote. Other then that, nothing happened. The doors did not lock or unlock, and pretty much the receiver was the only thing that seemed to work right..
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Dark_Rider2k3 wrote:thanks a lot, I will try this right now!!! :lol:

edit:

All the wires are hooked up according to the diagram, and I triple checked all the wires/connections to make sure there were no breaks...

with that said, I could hear the "receiver" (if that's what it's called) make a few clicking noises when I pressed either the lock or unlock buttons on my remote. Other then that, nothing happened. The doors did not lock or unlock, and pretty much the receiver was the only thing that seemed to work right..
You have to relay the actuators. Units can generally only give out 250ma signals. Anything that needs real power needs a relay to get the full 12v. There have been a few threads about wiring stuff like this. Search around.

Also, if you already have power doors on the passenger side you don't need to wire it as it will lock and unlock automatically when the drivers side locks and unlocks.

Search the internet for relay configurations that pertain to door locks. There is massive amounts of information already out there.
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

mr1in6billion wrote:
Dark_Rider2k3 wrote:thanks a lot, I will try this right now!!! :lol:

edit:

You have to relay the actuators. Units can generally only give out 250ma signals. Anything that needs real power needs a relay to get the full 12v. There have been a few threads about wiring stuff like this. Search around.

Also, if you already have power doors on the passenger side you don't need to wire it as it will lock and unlock automatically when the drivers side locks and unlocks.

Search the internet for relay configurations that pertain to door locks. There is massive amounts of information already out there.
for the passenger side, there was no actuator, and so no power doors... I had done a search prior to this thread, but the only thing that came up was the FAQ that is up here...

as for the relays, I'll have to go to Advance Auto and get 2 of 'em...

edit:

i'm assuming this is the correct schematic for the actuators?
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

yup
magiccowinuse

Post by magiccowinuse »

I dont know if you have the same one as me, but i got mine off ebay and just wired the pink, orange, and red to the + on the battery and the black, black, and white to the negative side of the battery.

Works just fine for me.
1994 1.6L White MX-3 - Daily Driver
1995 Red MX-3 -Project
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

hate to say this, but i'm probably going to have to leave it to the professionals..

I wired the relays up exactly like shown, and connecting the positive back up to the battery only gave me a spark (I quickly removed the wire as it freaked me out)

oh well... maybe after seeing how they do it i'll learn.... lol
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

i couldn't find an edit button for my last post, but was just letting everyone know I figured out the problem...

First, I didn't need any relays, as they were built into the unit itself.

The only problem was a blown fuse LOL..

soo it's all hooked up and working perfectly!!

Thanks a lot everyone!!

Return to “Appearance”