Going on a bit of a long trip

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Going on a bit of a long trip

Post by hgallegos915 »

This is the first time that I go on a sorta long trip on my mx3. Trip is from EL Paso tx to ruidoso nm. Its around 280 miles round trip. My mx has never been on a long trip and im scared lol. Im not burning oil, doesnt leak water. Checked tires at 30 psi each(17 inch) wheel bearings are a go. brakes are good. I got my spare tire jack, pliers gallon of water. Anything else? Im taking my gps of course.. my cell doesnt work either and this will be with a party of cars. Any tips?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Dont drive like a moron, have fun : )

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

lol, only 280miles. I've done 700 miles in a weekend. Even then, a month ago, I drove my Mx-3 back to Virginia with me, that's 600miles one way, and I'll be taking her home for the May 24 long weekend, back and forth. But ya, you need to get out and drive more ;)

f course you'll know your car better than anyone, so if there's anything you have even the slightest concern about, get it checked out. Although people around here tend to shun against the idea of having a mechanic, and do work on one's car themselves, it's good to have an experienced and trustworthy second point of view to anything that may need to be done.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well checked bank account.. 40 dllrs.. not good... not enough.. boo oh well lol
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

I went 600+ on my SE just fine, it lowes highways
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:I've done 700 miles in a weekend
Seattle to SF in 1 day = 1000+ miles
Santa Barbara to SF in 3h 45m without stopping :wink:

And seriously, 280 miles round trip; that's not a trip, it's a week end get away. You'll be fine.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

thanks guys :D i feel better.
-hec

lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

mr1in6billion wrote: And seriously, 280 miles round trip; that's not a trip, it's a week end get away.
No s---. In '05 I went from Vegas to Chicago in three days - 1800 miles.

Last month, I went from Chicago to Seattle in three days - 2100 miles.

That's a damned trip.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Last May I drove from memphis TN to bullhead city AZ in 24 hours (I didn't stop)... that's 1500 miles... The klze performed great for the entire trip... I drive up to columbus OH to visit my brother sometimes... it's a 9 hour trip one way (well 7 and a half if I drive like a maniac)... KLZE LOVES the highways!!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”