Custom B-Pillar Bar.

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
colinsmx3

Custom B-Pillar Bar.

Post by colinsmx3 »

I am seeing if anyone would like onothese made or for me t make a bunch and sell. I made a Custom B-pillar bar for my 323 last year I noticed a big difference! and now I have an mx3. Well I decided I needed one for my mx3, These are a direct bolt in to your seatbelt mounts, al you have to do is cut a bit out of your trim. so would anyone be interested in one of these for themselves??

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
mazdax3speed

Post by mazdax3speed »

depending on what the final product looked like i might be interested...and if the bar its self was round not rectangular it would be alot better, for looks and from seatbelt harnesses
Orange 95' BPT GT28r, MSII on the way
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

They already make ones that mount to the rear shock towers, which doesn't force people out of the rear seats and is probably more stable.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

mr1in6billion wrote:They already make ones that mount to the rear shock towers, which doesn't force people out of the rear seats and is probably more stable.
yeah but I'm curious now if that would make a difference too... I don't have a backseat anyways :D
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

mr1in6billion wrote:They already make ones that mount to the rear shock towers, which doesn't force people out of the rear seats and is probably more stable.
Depends, most people remove the rear belts instead of modifying the brackets to accomodate the bar...howeverthe rear strut bar would reinforce lateral twisting between the strut towers, this bar would help against body flex in the center of the vehicle, especially in the upper b-pillars where there is less support as opposed to lower in the body near the chassis/frame where the gains would be more likely minimal. This could be very useful for racing applications...an interesting idea would have one that is removable? Have static mounts, but the bar itself would be removable, by pins or bolts perhaps?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Cy

Post by Cy »

I already have a Tubular Rear strut tower bar...my next plan is to take that and your bar there and weld and weld them together ...in an open center X-brace...

I'll probably be adding a drop-down from the upper seatbelt mount to the floor and then bolt onto the rear seat mounts...because your still relying on body metal to prevent the upper section from flexing otherwise...

@ some point i'll be welding an X-Brace together from the upper rear strut towers to the center of the outer edges of the rear crossmember and bolting it in... which will make my rear end ROCK solid laterally..
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

I may be interested in one of these.
As mazdax3speed said, maybe a round style bar? but either way I like it.
What is the bar made out? and since installing in your mx3, how much of a difference have you noticed?
thanks!
:D
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

I have to take a look at possible round bars, but this is just the prototype, and I notice a difference in on ramps and such where I can test it! ahah But I work at Mazda so I have alot of things availiable to me that I can use and test to see if things fit!
ImageImageImage
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

count me in! I'll take two! Just let me know a price and shipping to memphis,tn 38115... I think I would prefer a round version though for sure... :lol:
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I would be interested in a round bar that was polished or gloss black, noone fits in the back anyways so I dont really care. I think that b pillar looks sharp.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Before any of these are sold, you MUST contact jeff @

phpbb @ mx-3.com
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

No problem I will contact him, I am going to look at the round bars on saturday and make one on Monday and see how it looks!
ImageImageImage
mazdax3speed

Post by mazdax3speed »

thanks for taking my advice on the round one
ill be checkin back on the progress
Orange 95' BPT GT28r, MSII on the way
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Ohhh 1 more question! How thick should the round bar be for a harness?
ImageImageImage
Cy

Post by Cy »

colinsmx3 wrote:Ohhh 1 more question! How thick should the round bar be for a harness?
well....literally SCHD 80 pipe or even 120...would be the best....almost no hole on the middle...

-Solid round-stock isn't actually as strong as pipe as far as flex goes...only under compression and tension..

a piece of 1" thick wall (atleast 1/8" wall) or better would be suitable..i'd try to find some 1"x1/4wall pipe though... that'd be stiff as concrete...

Return to “New Product Development”