Apex Spring Problem

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
MX3_TURBO

Apex Spring Problem

Post by MX3_TURBO »

Wonder if anyone else has had this problem. I put a set of Apex (yellow) lowering springs in with Monroe Sensatrack struts in about 3years ago, which I put on about 16 000kms on them. I'm driving around on day and started hearing a clunking when making turns left or right, and noticed the car sat a bit lower on the driverside. So had it in for an oil change, and my mechanic took a look and said the coil spring was broken. WTF! How is this possible? The springs look good with only a bit of rust between the coils where they sit on each other, otherwise they look almost new still.
-=MX3_TURBO=-
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

hmmmm should email Apex! did you hit any huge pot holes??
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

It is totally possible that this can happen, but it is not to common, it would be a good idea as stated above to email the or just get some new springs.
MX3_TURBO

Post by MX3_TURBO »

colinsmx3 wrote:hmmmm should email Apex! did you hit any huge pot holes??
Yea I'm in the process of dealing with it, I didn't hit any pot holes. Nothing big enough to break a fairly new spring that is... :roll:
-=MX3_TURBO=-
MX3_TURBO

Post by MX3_TURBO »

solo_ryder wrote:It is totally possible that this can happen, but it is not to common, it would be a good idea as stated above to email the or just get some new springs.
I guess these are not as strong as the OEM springs? Or I just have some mfg defect in mine, anything is possible. The Mechanic orginally thought the strut bearings were bad, but they are good, and spring broke about a coil and half from the top. We'll see if Apex warranty covers it... if not new spring time.
-=MX3_TURBO=-
Sal

Post by Sal »

lol, ur kidding me i should have read this post two days back. i just bought apex springs yellow ones as well. not installed yet, im planning on getting tokico struts to go with them. from what i heard monroe struts are no good unless ur planning on keeping the car stock height, if u slam ur ride then there no good. thats wat i heard because i planning on getting monroes my self.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”