YAY!! I got my BP!! 1 Q

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
XL200

YAY!! I got my BP!! 1 Q

Post by XL200 »

I finally got myself a MT dohc BP and plan on putting it in next week and kinda wondering if my b6 ecu will work with the BP. some people say it will but your better off using a bp ecu instead beceuse of the slight differences in the engines. Is this true? I dont really want to buy a new ecu if its not gonna make a difference. thanks much.
DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

that's all covered in the BP swap guide, which is a sticky @ the top of this forum. also, just using the search function you'll find LOTS of info.

Franko is amongst one of the many great swap minds on this board.

happy searching, and welcome to the world of boost. i wish i could join ya.
-Dan
(SOLD) '94 RS, rebuilt B6 DOHC engine & cyl head, ACT clutch, e-bay CAI, 2 1/4" exhaust, wide open resonator w/ stock muffler, H&R springs, Tokico HPs, front strut tower brace, KVR drilled rotors w/ carbon fiber pads, Falken tires, Impostor lightweight wheels, Kenwood & MTX sound.

straights are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

it will run, Just not the best. It lowers ur redline and things like that all the restrictions of the b6
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

He said BP, not BP-T Gypsy :lol:
My advise, get a V6 :P
I am just giving you crap- was readin this b/c I don't know if it will work or not and wondered what the answer was. Then after reading I thought I'd hassle this thread a bit.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
XL200

Post by XL200 »

well i dont have a rev limit on my b6...atleast i dont think it does(i dont race). I was more wondering if the $50-100 bp ecu is worth the "possible" small gain and if that even affects the mileage.
Deadpool

Post by Deadpool »

if you are not going to race then why do the swap ? and yeah the B6 ECU dose limit the Revs some place around 9k, or atleast my 94 DOHC 1.6 5 speed is :cry:
94 Mazda MX-3
Mods - none yet
XL200

Post by XL200 »

cause i burned an exhaust valve and my b6 sux anyways. does the bp have a higher redline than the b6? cause 9k seems quite excessive for a bp to me but i dont really know
facko

Post by facko »

i dont know what kinda b6 u got but no stock one has a rev limiter set to 9k...i mean...how do u figure the rev limiter is set like 2k rpms higher than the redline? i havent driven/been in my car in like year so im not 100% on this but im pretty sure the cars show redline a little before 7k rpms and probably has the limiter set at 7k..give or take a little...and the BP ecu if im not mistaken ups the rev limiter to around 7.5k rpms...like i said my numbers may be off but im pretty sure they are in the right ballpark

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”