USDM Sills / Sideskirts

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Tommy D

USDM Sills / Sideskirts

Post by Tommy D »

I have looked all over, used the search, there is a post in New Development butit has gone quiet.

Does anyone have a pair of USDM skirts/sill kits that they want to sell or know where i can get a pair?

Its so hard to mod your MX3 in the UK! Im getting the Corksport MS Style bumper, and i also want the sills, the car needs them....

Also, i have not searched this so forgive me, but i have polished my Curve Neck MS8 Inlet Manifold. The guy at Corksport im dealing with has said the bar wont fit with that inlet.....Can i make some washers/rings to raise the bar bracket a bit so it will just clear the Inlet, i dont mind a bit of messing about to fit it. Sadly the MX has not taken off on a huge level in the UK so info would be great, cheers 8)
hharb

Post by hharb »

the bar will fit over a k8 manifold if its a millenia i believe you could bend it a little bit and it'll work
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

If your talking about the CorkSport strut tower bar, it fits, just need to raise it up and push it back. I used the stock nuts as spacers (myself, just the 2 inside bolts) and got a second set to bolt it down. As well, used long bolts to shift it back, and cut and put a piece of pipe so the arms wouldn't squeeze when the bolt was tightened.

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I've heard that you can just grind that top part of the triangle that is on top of the manny. Then use a flush head bolt in place of the stock one to keep a lower profile.
If not that then try the washers, but watch the hood clearance. The idea above might fit, but I have some reservations about it working properly.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I used the corksport front strut bar but I had to shave the top cover over the VRIS butterfly valve completely (the little triangle piece on top of the IM)... I just clipped the throttle cable to some other things since that's all that it was holding...
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Won't a Eunos - 30x bar fit over that ? And its also one peice so it'd be better than these 3 peice strut bars ..
Kris
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I dont know why.. but i have a curved neck and my ebay strut bar doesnt push... are you guys sure you are not doing something wrong or i dunno?? i have a cf hood and it wont hit it either (inverted)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

I dont like the way that bar is modded seems it has a weak point

I circled where i think the weak point is & the yellow is where it needs support
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

hgallegos915 wrote:I dont know why.. but i have a curved neck and my ebay strut bar doesnt push... are you guys sure you are not doing something wrong or i dunno?? i have a cf hood and it wont hit it either (inverted)
hgallegos915 - do you have a pic of your setup?
Won't a Eunos - 30x bar fit over that ? And its also one peice so it'd be better than these 3 peice strut bars ..
Kris
Kris do you have a pic of that... I did not know a eunos 30x one piece strut bar exists. I would be very interested in aquiring one of those!!
hharb

Post by hharb »

my bar fits just fine only problem is when the engine moves a little it kinda hits it, so i'm hoping if i bend it a little and do something to minimize engine movement, it will fit just great.
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Well good luck with aquiring one, this is the only one I've seen for sale , and I bought it , Its been sitting in my closet for months because I dont even drive the mx's at the time ,
This strut bar seems stroonger and ultimately lighter than the Ractive bar and the ebay bar that I have on my other car
I just noticed I have alot of rare stuff in my closet :lol:
I may have been mistaken , I believe this strut bar is from a Austrian car ..
If I remember I will be sure to post
Kris

02 Subaru Impreza OBS
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

hharb wrote:my bar fits just fine only problem is when the engine moves a little it kinda hits it, so i'm hoping if i bend it a little and do something to minimize engine movement, it will fit just great.
If you bend it you will mostlikely take the structural integrity away though , you will have to reinforce it afterwards ..
Kris
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
hharb

Post by hharb »

makes sense, ill use some washers :)

Return to “Appearance”