Adjustable clutch

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
reegler

Adjustable clutch

Post by reegler »

Hey guys, i did a search and couldnt find anything. I was wondering if my 4 cyl. 5spd 93 mx3 had an adjustable clutch? Is it something that is only on certain cars or was it pretty much universal with mx3's? My shifter when it is gear moves around a lot. So when its in 5th gear, it can move a good 20 to 25 degrees in any direction. It drives pretty nicely so was i just wondering if there was some adjustment, someone i knew was talking about that.

-tim
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

There is pedal adjustment on the MX-3, but that if for setting the clutch pedal's freeplay and engagement point. Not what you are asking for.
You need new shifter bushings to remove that sloppy stick shift feel.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

My bud's MX-3 has the same problem, then it got replaced with some brass bushings. It was still very very loose. I do believe there is a second set of bushings somewhere I read on atlantamx3.com

about the sloppy shifter syndrome

but I forget. My own MX-3 shifts like a dream, so I can't remember exactly what it was.
reegler

Post by reegler »

Any idea where the adjustment can be made?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

You cannot adjust the "sloppyness". You need new shifter bushings.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
reegler

Post by reegler »

So then there is no clutch adjustment?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”