Xtreme vertical door company Q&A

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

PM I got from Kyle about two months ago....
Hey Jarid,

I will have the paypal address for you today, also can be reached at 519-432-5017.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

Just got disconnected today.....
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

website says 519-432-1768, but that's disconnected too. not liking this situation. why bother making all these custom parts, if not to sell them to garanteed buyers? :?
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

spoke to kyle and received a tracking number for a kit that shipped today.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hey All,

The package has been shipped and Jarid has the tracking number. As for the phone number, we had our phone lines go down, so as soon as they are up, we will post.

As stated, as soon as the package hits the US, USPS takes over. Also, as stated, with FedEx and UPS, you will received huge brokerage charges and this is why we prefer to use Canada Post for our customers. Theres nothing worse than paying for a kit just to have to pay more when it arrives.

Also Reuben, you are waiting on stronger shocks, not hinges and they should be shipping to you soon as we are just waiting for them since they are a custom order.

MX3Extreme - Thank you for the kind words and it was great to finally meet you. I hope you enjoy your Lambo Door System.

OROutdoors - Thank you for the kind words and for understanding. Delays do happen and we try to minimize the delays, but when some work is done at a different location (our laser cutters for example) delays happen that are beyond our control. Also, to answer your question, Yes, we do perform installs on our Lambo Door Systems and we would be more than happy to have you swing by the shop.

Ovendenk - We made these custom parts for the people of the MX-3 Community as there was a desire for them. We are selling them to Garunteed Buyers (hence the group buy deposits), but will not ship anything to the buyers whether they are garunteed or not until they have paid for them just like any other company. So I am not sure what you meant by your comment. We had a delay getting the test kit out, and the one other person that has paid has not paid the full amount. But again Jarids kit has been shipped, and MX3Extreme has a kit, and once the remaining amount is paid by the other MX-3.com Member, his kit will be shipped out.

So I hope we can get on with this group buy now that Jarids Kit has successfully been shipped and is on its way and get everyone the high quality Lambo Door systems they were promised.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

bgracing wrote:Ovendenk - We made these custom parts for the people of the MX-3 Community as there was a desire for them. We are selling them to Garunteed Buyers (hence the group buy deposits), but will not ship anything to the buyers whether they are garunteed or not until they have paid for them just like any other company. So I am not sure what you meant by your comment. We had a delay getting the test kit out, and the one other person that has paid has not paid the full amount. But again Jarids kit has been shipped, and MX3Extreme has a kit, and once the remaining amount is paid by the other MX-3.com Member, his kit will be shipped out.
to clarify, my comment was loosely based on previous gb problems on here, but mainly the fact that it had been a while since you made contact with us and all means of contact to you were shut down. it sprouted some doubt for me towards seeing the completion of this gb and potential loss of deposit monies. did you at least ship the kit priority or something seeing as how we are already so far behind? i'm sure you are just as anxious to get the remainder of the money as we are to get our kits.

i'm sorry if it came off harsh, but losing complete contact with your supplier for a while is kind of nerve wracking.
kevin (aka The Oven)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

ovendenk wrote:
bgracing wrote:Ovendenk - We made these custom parts for the people of the MX-3 Community as there was a desire for them. We are selling them to Garunteed Buyers (hence the group buy deposits), but will not ship anything to the buyers whether they are garunteed or not until they have paid for them just like any other company. So I am not sure what you meant by your comment. We had a delay getting the test kit out, and the one other person that has paid has not paid the full amount. But again Jarids kit has been shipped, and MX3Extreme has a kit, and once the remaining amount is paid by the other MX-3.com Member, his kit will be shipped out.
to clarify, my comment was loosely based on previous gb problems on here, but mainly the fact that it had been a while since you made contact with us and all means of contact to you were shut down. it sprouted some doubt for me towards seeing the completion of this gb and potential loss of deposit monies. did you at least ship the kit priority or something seeing as how we are already so far behind? i'm sure you are just as anxious to get the remainder of the money as we are to get our kits.

i'm sorry if it came off harsh, but losing complete contact with your supplier for a while is kind of nerve wracking.
I spoke to kyle at length tonite and he assured me that the kit was sent out priority and would be here in six days. Anyone on the group buy that wants the tracking number please email me and I will send it to them. I WILL NOT post it as you can do some pretty nasty things with a tracking number.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hey,

Just to clarify a few things, I was out of town and was not able to post on the forum. Secondly the phone numbers Jarid had were our Phone and Fax Line numbers, both of which went down. I do still have a cell phone and would be happy to provide the number to anyone that would like to speak to me.

Also, yes the kit has been shipped a faster method and please note, that since Jarid was nice enough to take over this group buy and help set things up, he received the kit for a great discount and we have covered all shipping costs, which are now easily over $125. So you can see why I waited to see if the other kit would show up.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Kyle,
What type of instructional material should I expect to get with the kit?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hey,

The instructions will be emailed in PDF format with pictures and text to give you a complete walk through of the install. We use this method as it allows you to print off copies on the instructions incase you should lose them.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Just an FYI for everyone, the 90 degree kit does not have a vertical stop for adjustment. You simply have to just stop pushing the door up.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

bgracing wrote:OROutdoors - Thank you for the kind words and for understanding. Delays do happen and we try to minimize the delays, but when some work is done at a different location (our laser cutters for example) delays happen that are beyond our control. Also, to answer your question, Yes, we do perform installs on our Lambo Door Systems and we would be more than happy to have you swing by the shop.
I just Map-Quested London Ontario -- it's all the way over by Detriot! You could have at least had the decency to be located in Thunder Bay and save me hours of driving! Joking -- I think that I may be just a tad too far from you to drive there and back in a week. Let's see... I could make it to Calgary AB in a day. Then to Winnipeg MB the next day. Then to White River ON the 3rd day. Then arrive in London on the 4th day. That'd give me a day of rest while the hinges get installed, then a 4 day trek back. I suppose I could do it in 9 days. How strictly are the laws for speeding enforced in CA?

Eric
Oregon Outdoors
92 mx-3 GS lowered, CF hood
2013 Mazdaspeed3
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

kyle,

after reading all of jarid's install posts and seeing the video, i've got some concerns i hope you can resolve. first and foremost, jarid is doing a lot of modification to his car to get these on where as you had said only slight trimming of the fender would be neccessary. now, we are seeing that we must cut away a large portion of the fender, hammer in a section of the body, widen the mounting holes in the brackets you said fit perfectly, and we'll see what else needs modifying. all of this and his kit still doesn't get 90 degrees. please explain.

secondly, in jarid's video, it looks like the door is moving side to side as he's lifting it. is this normal? i do not want a gust of wind to cause the door to crash into my a-pillar.

thirdly, there seems to be a lack of strength in that shock. is there a stronger shock available?

are the kits to be sent out going to be fixed to make for an easier install?

thanks.
kevin (aka The Oven)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

ovendenk wrote:kyle,

after reading all of jarid's install posts and seeing the video, i've got some concerns i hope you can resolve. first and foremost, jarid is doing a lot of modification to his car to get these on where as you had said only slight trimming of the fender would be neccessary. now, we are seeing that we must cut away a large portion of the fender, hammer in a section of the body, widen the mounting holes in the brackets you said fit perfectly, and we'll see what else needs modifying. all of this and his kit still doesn't get 90 degrees. please explain.

secondly, in jarid's video, it looks like the door is moving side to side as he's lifting it. is this normal? i do not want a gust of wind to cause the door to crash into my a-pillar.

thirdly, there seems to be a lack of strength in that shock. is there a stronger shock available?

are the kits to be sent out going to be fixed to make for an easier install?

thanks.
I can guarantee everyone will have to pound in the side of the car for the hinge to sit flat. There is no way around this as there is a big ridge where the hinge sits. Secondly there is no possible way you can put any type of hinge under the fender and get any type of movement out of it without hacking the fender out. It sounds harder than it is. If you have a dremel and cutting discs you can do a fender in about five minutes. I also cut stuff off of the car instead of pounding most of it flat....it was just easier that way. The strut hits the inside of the fender and that is mainly what stops the kit. Unless you change the design of the kit...you wont get a full 90 degrees. I played with the shock again before i came to work today and it definitely needs to be a bit stronger. I know kyle said he would be shipping you all shocks direct from the manufacturer....so im not sure what shock I got.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
MX3Extreme

Post by MX3Extreme »

I will have to agree with Jarid, the kit is never ever going to be just a bolt on kit, I used a new grinder and shaved all the extra minor metal pieces in the way inorder for the kit to sit flat. Also the fenders will have to be trimmed like Jarid is saying almost from top to bottom inorder for the kit to go up and over the fender properly.This install is not for anyone that is weak at working on cars or haveno garage to keep it in while doing the modifications so please be aware of the things that need to be done before you go and spend all that money. The kit for me was perfect fit bolt hole for hole but lining it up was a pain in the aS#$$ but when it was all done it was great. I havent finished putting on my fenders yet to experience any of Jarids problems yet but I will have my fenders back tuesday and will install them and let everyone know how it went. I will post pics as it is complete and see where we stand.

MX3Extreme
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Just an FYI my bolt hole alignment issues was not user error. I ended up putting my door on my workbench and carefully aligning the bolt holes. They were definitely off....but since I had the dremel out anyways......two minutes and it was A-OK
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)

Return to “Appearance”