A problem with accelerating...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Apinaman

A problem with accelerating...

Post by Apinaman »

I'm thinking of buying a mx-3 from a friend of mine, but there seems to be this problem... When I was testdriving it, I noticed that whenever I had first or second gear in and got the rpm over 3500-4000, the car felt like the fuel to the engine was cut off... All power just vanished... Just like what happens if you accelerate against the rpm limiter thingie.

I was wondering if someone around here would have any idea what would cause that and if it would be expensive to fix...

Thanks in advance ^^
MX3parkerGS

Post by MX3parkerGS »

ouch. sounds like someone's killed the VRIS :p

does it like just loose power and thats it? or does it feel like its half a-- bogging in and out of throttle as it slowly climbs rpm?

Parker
'94 White MX-3 GS. Engine bay empty and waiting for the 2.5DE.

Completly stock, at this time.

Parker
Apinaman

Post by Apinaman »

More like the second choice... slowly coughin up the rpms and eventually getting there... But with like 3rd gear and so on it works with no problems... So what could be the cause and what would be the price to fix it...

P.S. What is vris? XD I'm kinda new...
MX3parkerGS

Post by MX3parkerGS »

VRIS is what makes our motors "zoom zoom" just search.
Have you checked for any cracks or leaks in the air intake system?(alot of time on the bottom end which you need to feel for)

Have you ran fuel injection cleaner thru the gas tank yet?

Parker
'94 White MX-3 GS. Engine bay empty and waiting for the 2.5DE.

Completly stock, at this time.

Parker
Apinaman

Post by Apinaman »

Nope, havnt checked for any leaks since I have no idea whats causing it.. A cleaner might help then? I'll have to tell my friend to do that. And check for leaks on the intake as well..

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”