V.S.S info..(swap bp)

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MAPEXMX3

V.S.S info..(swap bp)

Post by MAPEXMX3 »

i bought a engine form a protege gt 91....short story are te best...evything set..accept my vss...im using the tranny from the protege...the problem is not the wiring (be there..done that) the mx3 vss is very to long and the gearing is up side donw..(turn in the wrong way)...my question is...in what year the protege gt use a electric vss...or on the mx3 wit a v6 engine..i thing there using the same tranny as the gt ..so a electric vss from a mx3 v6 will do...hum.... :?
lost_mx3

Post by lost_mx3 »

PM Custommx3, he said in the faq "remove the speed sensor from the old tranny and put it back in the Protegé tranny. It bolts right up. Then plug the wires back." So it all should fit & work correctly.
1995 MX-3 1.6 DOHC 5SP.
MAPEXMX3

Post by MAPEXMX3 »

ya..bolt right on..hum hum...but the vss from the mx3 is to long...and the gear grove are in the wrong way...so im not able to pass tru the o ring section on the mx3 vss...i am looking for a protege 95-98 vss..or ecort 95-98 or a mx6..v6...but i dont know if the mx6 got the same tranny..G25M-R.. :wink:
MAPEXMX3

Post by MAPEXMX3 »

THANK S ariesdude ..does was good tips....im working on it...looking for cable solution...or spacer solution....but for the spacer think...the gear look different on mi mx3 vss...

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”