Xtreme vertical door company Q&A

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

who would be bringing the hinges here? Since this is the US...who drops off Canada post stuff?
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
MX3Extreme

Post by MX3Extreme »

Well Guys I went to Extreme-doors today and met with Kyle and Got my door kit exactly as promised, I saw all the kits that Kyle has been promising to everyone with the exception of the shocks ofcoarse, as he has already stated havent arrived yet and from what i understand the supplier will be shipping to you separetely but dont quote me as I am not speaking for Kyle. There was a bunch of the kits sitting on the floor ready to go as it appeared anyways. So just to clearify that Kyle is for real and has made these kits as he has been saying.

Kyle seemed to be a good guy and professional and would recomend him to all my car Friends and my clients as well.

As for who drops off stuff from canada post to the USA? As soon as it hits the boarder USPS (united states Postal Service) delivers then to you.

Hope this all helps :D

MX3Extreme
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

good to hear. However today has come and gone and no kit still at my door. I will PM kyle to let him know. Not too sure what will happen at this point but Im sure all will be kept in the know.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

You'd think that US and Canadian postal services would be able to cope with things like this.. I guess given that neither of them is too worried about competition, and you've got a 'hand of' of something from one government agency for one country to another government agency of another country creates complications..

Looks like you would be better off to be shipping with a major private carrier like UPS or FedEx (who has a vested interest in doing a job right, unlike our governments..)
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
hharb

Post by hharb »

yeah maybe then you would be very happy when you get a bill of over $100 for brokerage fees lol.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Well I leave tomorrow afternoon for a business trip and wil be back Monday. I PM'd Kyle like he asked me to and havent heard yet if he shipped out another kit last night or if he has found a tracking number for the first kit yet. I told the guys in shipping and receiving at work to call me if the kit does arrive. Mail came and went just now and no kit today.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
reuben

Post by reuben »

Kyle, I havent heard from your pm, but are my shocks being shipped with the other ones you are waiting for? And did you recieve my new address, otherwise I can pm it to you again.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

reuben wrote:Kyle, I havent heard from your pm, but are my shocks being shipped with the other ones you are waiting for? And did you recieve my new address, otherwise I can pm it to you again.
were you in on the group buy?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
reuben

Post by reuben »

cjthor wrote:
reuben wrote:Kyle, I havent heard from your pm, but are my shocks being shipped with the other ones you are waiting for? And did you recieve my new address, otherwise I can pm it to you again.
Nope, I messaged you about my pontiac kit. Im waiting on stronger hinges for my kit and since kyles email isnt working correctly (keep getting it back) i was using this forum to speak with him via pm, but he hasnt answered.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

reuben wrote:
cjthor wrote:
Nope, I messaged you about my pontiac kit. Im waiting on stronger hinges for my kit and since kyles email isnt working correctly (keep getting it back) i was using this forum to speak with him via pm, but he hasnt answered.
Ok well I PM'd him yesterday as he was supposed to send me out another kit and still havent heard back from him. Im gonna do some websearches and see whats going on with the other group buys he is working on.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

MX3Extreme wrote:Well Guys I went to Extreme-doors today and met with Kyle and Got my door kit exactly as promised, I saw all the kits that Kyle has been promising to everyone with the exception of the shocks ofcoarse, as he has already stated havent arrived yet and from what i understand the supplier will be shipping to you separetely but dont quote me as I am not speaking for Kyle. There was a bunch of the kits sitting on the floor ready to go as it appeared anyways. So just to clearify that Kyle is for real and has made these kits as he has been saying.

Kyle seemed to be a good guy and professional and would recomend him to all my car Friends and my clients as well.

As for who drops off stuff from canada post to the USA? As soon as it hits the boarder USPS (united states Postal Service) delivers then to you.

Hope this all helps :D

MX3Extreme
sent u a PM
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I found Kyle's brothers cell number. I'll try that if I dont here from kyle tonight.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

cjthor wrote:I found Kyle's brothers cell number. I'll try that if I dont here from kyle tonight.
Negatory on that number either...Made plane flight arrangements for May 21st....Have to go to that side of canada anyways. ;)
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
OROutdoors
Supporting Member

Post by OROutdoors »

Tempus wrote: I wasn't on that list for one. (even though I later had to cancel due to damage to my car, and someone took my place, I would have been on the list at that time had it been a complete list.)

There were a couple of us who jumped into the buy at the last minute. I believe that 'we' above referred to either YOU or Jarid, and the two canadians you received funds from directly were actually on that list. Ovendenk is a from north of the 48 unless I am confused..
Kyle, and others at Extreme Vertical Door Company,

I am the person who took Tempus' place on the group buy. Jared helped facilitate finding someone for Tempus' spot; he can attest to the transfer of monies which transferred Tempus' spot to me (since Jared was copied on the e-mails). Anyway, please make sure I am on the list of spots on the Group buy.

On a side note, I can fully appreciate that when developing new products or growing a company, not everything works as planned. I fully expected delays, so I'm not put off by it. There's a saying I find help fun in my work since i often have to allow delays to happen... "Just tell 'em."

I find that just telling a person of a delay (or another delay) is something that helps re-adjust the customer expectations, and gives them reassurance. Anyway, that said, I do really appreciate your company developing these hinges, and I am eagerly anticipating my GS with those hinges on it. I plan on waiting for Jared's to be installed -- I am planning on helping with the installation -- before I send the rest of my money.

Question for you: do you do installs of the hinges? I have been wanting to cruise across Canada on back country roads (you have a beautiful country). Perhaps I could do that and swing by your shop for pickup and delivery? Thanks,

Eric
Oregon Outdoors
92 mx-3 GS lowered, CF hood
2013 Mazdaspeed3
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I just got an email from work and the kit did not arrive today. I also have PM'd most that were in on the group buy and so far everyone but magiccowinuse is holding the rest of the funds to see the first kit in my hands. I called Kyle's shop and spoke to his roommate and left another message.
To the people asking what will happen to their deposit if this group buy goes south.....I don't think it will. I just think that Xtreme is a new company and is just getting their logistics together. Many other forums such as the fiero forum and z28 camero forum have also noticed delays in Xtreme posting updates and replying to customers. I do have a business trip planned at the end of May and will be staying in Ontario for an extra day just in case this group buy falls short of expectations. I hope and pray that Kyle sent another kit off on Tuesday night like he said he would.....but I have a feeling that it did not happen.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)

Return to “Appearance”