Meh Hub bearing decided to die

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Meh Hub bearing decided to die

Post by Mnemonic »

But then I woke up this morning and slapped some protege lx spindles on, cars back on the road :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

how good are those spidles, they will probobly do the same soon.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

there identical to the mx3s except these didnt have the little dust shields and the mx3s do.
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

really?!! so protege LX spindles are the same as v6 gs?? WOW.. why hadnt anyone told me before LOL since mx3 spindles are sorta rare. *isnt this supposed to be for the suspension forum?"
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

yep the bolt right up, just make sure you use the protege's lx ball joint and all is good.

Yea i didnt think about the suspension forum till it was already done, though knowing that you can use spindles and hubs from a protege lx on your mx3 is always a good thing for all the v6 guys to know :)

I'm gonna clean the v6's cleaned back up, get them fixed, just the easier solution to get the car back on the road was just to swap spindles real quick

Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

hehehe well intresting turn of events, the setup is working great. But i believe i might be getting more torque to the wheels, as today while i was driving (about 6 hours of driving today) i was chirping the wheels with out any effort.

i have a klze with a lighten flywheels and all your other bolt ons, (sept headers no need to waste the money on them since i'm going turbo within the next 3 months). But with regular driving, shifting at 3k i am chirping wheels through 3rd. And after i got off work i decided to piss off my boss and got on it while pulling out of the parking lot and OMG Wheels were spinning But i wasnt MOVING!!!! Then yea the "great" smell of burnt rubber appeared :)

Not sure I like this setup yet, I did a lil research since i've been home, and according to Patdiesel, the RS spindle is lighter than the GS spindle. If the Protege LX spindle is the same as the RS spindle then this would explain the sudden increase in torque, or more likely the sudden incresed feeling of torque but is really because there is less weight in the front now, which would in turn explain why the wheels arnt gripping, since the spindles are weight thats basically directly attached to the wheels.

Though I am not running Z rated tires currently, i've never had a traction problem similar to this with them.

Gonna look into this some more as most of this is just speculation havent seen any actual facts that say the spindles weights are different. Might also try out some other tire combos since i'm about to put the 17s back on

MX3ak

Post by MX3ak »

Pardon my ignorance, what is the dealing between the bearing and the ball joint?
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”