Xtreme vertical door company Q&A

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

cjthor wrote:
bgracing wrote:
cjthor wrote: I delayed this by two weeks buy having issues with the deposit. I am still waiting for a tracking number kyle...
Posted: February 05 2007, 10:25 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the deposits I have
1. Mazda 20 90 degree kit
2. Hotsit 90 degree kit
3. reece 90 degree kit
4. ovendenk 90 degree kit
5 .magiccowinuse 90 degree kit
6. spotted 90 degree kit
7. oOloopyOo 60 degree kit
8. 93_4banger 60 degree kit

If youre not on the list TODAY...youre not in on the buy. PM ME TODAY!!!!

07 MINI Cooper
06 MINI Cooper S GP

We received payment for the US orders as of February 22nd, this post from you proves that you had all of the US deposits as of the 5th, so how were there any issues with getting the deposits on your end. (This meaning it was almost 3 weeks before we received the deposits).

I did not want to bring this up, however with accusations flying around about us, I want everyone on this forum to know that not every delay was due to us.

This is no excuse for not having the tracking number, and do apologize for that, however I want everyone to know what has transpired throughout this group buy to date.

Thanks,

Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
This post doesnt prove anything....I didnt have ALL the names on the list.
How does it not? You say here are the deposits you have received, if your not on the list, your not in on the group buy?? We have 10 orders total, and you being the eleventh, and we received 2 deposits from the Canadians, and the 8 remaining from you (8 being the list stated above). So who else is there that would not have been on that list?

Thanks,

Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

OK it took me two weeks and two days to get you the money. Its taken over two months for you to get the first kit out. Now what?
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hi Jarid,

While it took you over 2 weeks to get us the deposits, this messes up our schedule with our laser cutters. Secondly, your deposits were received as of February 22-23rd (Yes the Canadian deposits were received on the 5th, but we stated no work would begin until all deposits were received), so how is that over 2 months? It would have to be April 23rd for it to be even 2 months, not to mention designing a custom product takes alittle more time then sending in money.

As for now what, we wait for the kit to arrive at your location.

Thanks,

Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

bgracing wrote:Hi Jarid,

While it took you over 2 weeks to get us the deposits, this messes up our schedule with our laser cutters. Secondly, your deposits were received as of February 22-23rd (Yes the Canadian deposits were received on the 5th, but we stated no work would begin until all deposits were received), so how is that over 2 months? It would have to be April 23rd for it to be even 2 months, not to mention designing a custom product takes alittle more time then sending in money.

As for now what, we wait for the kit to arrive at your location.

Thanks,

Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
I seriously doubt I will get the kit Monday. That will be two months. Your initial contact with our forum said two weeks for making a prototype. Every car is different and unique. I would expect you to know that all cars will need different arms and such. I still do look forward to the initial kit and hope its everything I hope it is.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Posted: February 22 2007, 2:48 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey,

Thanks, and every thing will get worked out and then we will get these kits done for everyone. We will definetly be taking pictures and posting them so that everyone can follow along with the progress.

And your list is pretty accurate. We will be making a template first of what the kit should look like to ensure correct fitment, then this template will be input into both AutoCAD 2007 and AutoDesk Inventor 10 (Inventor will allow us to post a 3D rendering on this site of the new kit, as well as allow us to test the motion and make sure everything functions as it should). We can then overlay this file onto our existing 90 Degree Kit to see what changes need to be made. The AutoCAD file will then be inputted into the CNC Machine and a Prototype will be cut. The prototype will then be installed and tested to ensure ease of installation as well as to again make sure it functions as it should.

Then once the prototype is installed we will take A LOT of pictures as well as some video to post on this site so that everyone can see the kit in Action. Then, once prototype has been approved by us (Fitment, Function, and Look) we will make One "Production Model" Kit and send it to Jarid for testing. This kit will need to be installed as soon as it arrives so that we can commence with the other kits so that everyone receives their products.

Once he gives it the ok, the final kits will be put into production. Once the kits are done, we will then collect the remainder of the funds and once these are in, the kits will be shipped out to everyone that ordered them.

So to Summarize, Once the deposits are cleared the order of events will go as follows.

1)Designing of Prototype begins, the prototype will be designed, manufactured, and then installed to insure fitment. Any final changes will then be made to the kit if needed. (2 weeks)
2) Then one "Production Kit" will be made and sent to Jarid for Inspection / Installation. This will take a few days on top of the 2 weeks to get the One Kit made as the original plan was to have all kits manufactured after the Prototype had been designed and fitted. But since we are now instead making one kit and sending it to Jarid, there will be a delay as we wait for him to get it installed and for his feedback.
3) Once we have heard from Jarid regarding the kit, we will run the final production kits needed for the group buy. When these are completed. We will collect the remainder of the funds and then ship out the kits.

Again, we will be posting A LOT of pictures as well as video so that everyone is not left hanging as to the progress of these kits.

We at Xtreme-Doors look forward to seeing all of your MX-3's with the Xtreme-Doors Kits installed.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors

Based on when we had finally received the deposits, here was my estimated time frame. Please note that we stated 2 weeks plus a few extra days in order to manufacture your kit, which brings us to mid March, meaning that yes the kit is a month behind schedule (when we get delayed by one week, that also means the laser cutters get delayed one week atleast should they not have any other parts ahead of ours) but we believed it was better to produce something that functioned perfectly, opposed to rushing the whole operation. Plus I had informed everyone when we had experienced problems with our laser cutter.

Again we apologize for delays on our behalf, and can't wait for you all to receive your kits, and we can put the drama behind us.

Thanks,

Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

kyle, thanks for addressing the delay issues. is there no way of contacting your brother (cell, fax, email, snail mail, etc)? obviously the delay in getting jarid the tracking # is causing a lot of headaches for everyone involved. also, i'm sorry for pointing fingers, but i am one of many just trying to figure this out.

jarid, i understand your frustration as i am feeling it too, but we need to keep relations with kyle and xtreme-doors civil. they still are needed to finish production, ship the kits out, and maybe deal with warranty issues.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

bgracing wrote:
cjthor wrote:
bgracing wrote:
We received payment for the US orders as of February 22nd, this post from you proves that you had all of the US deposits as of the 5th, so how were there any issues with getting the deposits on your end. (This meaning it was almost 3 weeks before we received the deposits).

I did not want to bring this up, however with accusations flying around about us, I want everyone on this forum to know that not every delay was due to us.

This is no excuse for not having the tracking number, and do apologize for that, however I want everyone to know what has transpired throughout this group buy to date.

Thanks,

Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
This post doesnt prove anything....I didnt have ALL the names on the list.
How does it not? You say here are the deposits you have received, if your not on the list, your not in on the group buy?? We have 10 orders total, and you being the eleventh, and we received 2 deposits from the Canadians, and the 8 remaining from you (8 being the list stated above). So who else is there that would not have been on that list?

Thanks,

Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
I wasn't on that list for one. (even though I later had to cancel due to damage to my car, and someone took my place, I would have been on the list at that time had it been a complete list.)

There were a couple of us who jumped into the buy at the last minute. I believe that 'we' above referred to either YOU or Jarid, and the two canadians you received funds from directly were actually on that list. Ovendenk is a from north of the 48 unless I am confused..

Finger pointing and accusations at this point, is not going to help anything. Most of us are well aware of the reasons for earlier delays. We understand confusion over how the deposits were sent, and all the joys of coordinating wire transfers etc. we understand about engineering changes and design changes being needed and that taking time also..

Speaking purely from the perspective of a bystander at this point, what concerns me the most at the moment is the long time (and I note a history of this, for whatever reason) between when something is said to been shipped, and when it arrives at a US destination. Heck I've had stuff sent to me from hongkong take less time than this hinge is taking to get from Ont, CA to Or, USA.

Consider the timeline from our perspective Kyle
on the 5th you said that parts were received too late to go out that day, but would be shipped on friday the 6th,
for whatever reason it never went out friday.
Next we hear that it was dropped off Sat the 7th, but didn't end up leaving the shippers until the 10th due to a Monday easter holiday.
now it's the 20th and the package has not been seen,
nor in the 13 days since it was dropped off have you been able to get a tracking number to Jarid..
I for one am having trouble understanding nearly two weeks in which you've been unable to contact your brother to get the tracking number.. (this is someone you are in business with and you've had no contact for nearly two weeks????)
Jarid's been asking for the number since the day you said it would ship, so it's not as if you don't know it's considered important by him and others watching from the sidelines..

How would YOU feel if you were in our position? Wouldn't you be concerned? Isn't this sounding a lot like a variation of "the check's in the mail'

You have GOT to get this shipping thing straightened out man.. it's bit you once before.. Hell go with a bigger name like UPS or FedEx if you have to, even if it's a bit more money, at long as it is reliable and you can give people tracking info so they can see where the package is at. And be sure you pack the stuff well, put a second address label INSIDE the package, etc.. no matter what you have to do to avoid another instance of shipping hell that caused prior deals to go down the tubes.
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

cjthor wrote: I seriously doubt I will get the kit Monday. That will be two months. Your initial contact with our forum said two weeks for making a prototype. Every car is different and unique. I would expect you to know that all cars will need different arms and such. I still do look forward to the initial kit and hope its everything I hope it is.
Monday is here and gone...no kit.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hi,

All these shipping problems will be addressed, and will be switching to a bigger shipping company for all orders from here on in. Also I completely understand this from your perspective as well, and again shipping issues will be dealt with.

Jarid, if the kit has still not arrived by tomorrow, PM me and I will go ship a kit personally tomorrow night and provide you with the tracking number that day as well. But please let me know asap if that kit arrives at your location.

Tempus, the method I use to ship via Canada Post takes a minimum of 9 days to arrive at the address we were given by Jarid, meaning that today would have been the earliest that he would be receiving the kit.

Thanks,

Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

bgracing wrote:Hi,

All these shipping problems will be addressed, and will be switching to a bigger shipping company for all orders from here on in. Also I completely understand this from your perspective as well, and again shipping issues will be dealt with.

Jarid, if the kit has still not arrived by tomorrow, PM me and I will go ship a kit personally tomorrow night and provide you with the tracking number that day as well. But please let me know asap if that kit arrives at your location.

Tempus, the method I use to ship via Canada Post takes a minimum of 9 days to arrive at the address we were given by Jarid, meaning that today would have been the earliest that he would be receiving the kit.

Thanks,

Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
No luck with the tracking number on the kit that was shipped two weeks ago?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
MX3Extreme

Post by MX3Extreme »

Well guys i have been following this from the start and will be glad to let you all know that i am going to see Kyle tomorrow to pick up my kit which was NOT in your group buy but regardless will be there to get it. I will confirm all the kits that are there with my own eyes and two of my friends and will let you know what is the real deal, k so dont worry I will have your info for you after 6pm or so ?

Kyle seems to be a great guy and has no problem with repling to your questions fast and clearly so I highly doubt that you have much to worry about but again I will let you know as of tomorrow.

To Kyle defence i have sent out many things from canada to the USA and it has taken longer than they have quoted through canada post but always got there eventually.

MX3Extreme
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

bgracing wrote: Tempus, the method I use to ship via Canada Post takes a minimum of 9 days to arrive at the address we were given by Jarid, meaning that today would have been the earliest that he would be receiving the kit.

Thanks,

Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
Funny math you cheeseheads use :wink:

dropped off on 7th, supposed to have shipped out on 10th..

10th Plus 9 days = 23rd?? by my count that's 13 days

Then again, the war of 1812 (when we tried to invade you) didn't end until 1814, so I guess these sorts of delays are par for the course up there in the great white north. :P

Still, how critical can I be when you folks at least teach that bit of history.. if you ask the average americal 'when did the US try to annex Canada?" you'll be greated by a blank stare, or 'that's a trick question right?' or something of that ilk..

I guess there must be some tradeoffs, better at history, worse at math..
{sigh} Time to move on
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Tempus wrote:
bgracing wrote: Tempus, the method I use to ship via Canada Post takes a minimum of 9 days to arrive at the address we were given by Jarid, meaning that today would have been the earliest that he would be receiving the kit.

Those 9 days are business days. He's completely right by saying that the 23rd is 9 business days after the 10th. You're quite the cheesehead for not knowing a fact that is common knowledge.

I also don't get your point about the war of 1812. Not only is it non sequitur, no one remembers it as an invasion of Canada because we were fighting the British, who just happened to have colonies in Canada. And I shouldn't use the word invade since we weren't trying to take over them (though we would have if we had really won), the Brits were way more powerful, we were trying to gain our shipping rights back (among other things).
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

bgracing wrote:Hi,

Thanks,

Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
kyle,

granted 9 BUSINESS days from the 10th = approx 2 weeks PLUS a couple days going through customs. so it should arrive in the next couple days. now these kits aren't cheap, so why would you offer to ship another kit out to jarid no charge? what is he supposed to with 2 kits? if you didn't actually send out that first one, this would make sense. i can't see you being a smaller company writing off the cost an entire hinge kit.

now besides the fact that your brother is in business with you, he's FAMILY. it's hard to understand how you wouldn't have talked with him for over 2 weeks now. how about this, why don't you send contact info for your brother to jarid? that way he can get the info himself since you seem too busy to get the info yourself.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

mr1in6billion wrote:
Tempus wrote:

Those 9 days are business days. He's completely right by saying that the 23rd is 9 business days after the 10th. You're quite the cheesehead for not knowing a fact that is common knowledge.

I also don't get your point about the war of 1812. Not only is it non sequitur, no one remembers it as an invasion of Canada because we were fighting the British, who just happened to have colonies in Canada. And I shouldn't use the word invade since we weren't trying to take over them (though we would have if we had really won), the Brits were way more powerful, we were trying to gain our shipping rights back (among other things).
In my experience once you get up over about 7 business days, you typically drop the ''business days' and just start giving realistic times and don't force people to do weekend math. For example when a business gives terms like 'net-20' it doesn't mean 4 weeks, it means 20 days.

And after all, '9 business days' means that 80% of the time you will be spanning across two weekends... could just as well say 'allow two weeks for delivery, it's easier for everyone to understand, and gives you a day of grace time (with apparently in this case is needed)

Yes 1812 is a non sequitor, it was intended as an example of the differing viewpoints... IF you find someone from the US who even knows what it was about, they give the standard line about trade with france.. (british being busy fighting this Napoleon guy.. kinda objected to our trading with their enemy) Except of course that if that had been truely the case one would think the logical course of action would be to attempt to break the british blocades..

Of course it didn't start as a Naval action, it started when we attempted to invade canada.. Now how invading canada looking for WMD's oh sorry wrong war.. How invading Canada, which as far as I know was not part of any 'trade routes' with france, was going to break a british blockade is beyond me. but it was apparently a perceived 'easy target' (compared to brit navy anyway) so that's where we started things off with a stunning series of victories.. uh wait, let me check my notes.. Sorry make that a stunning series of defeats..

What's amusing (and was the nexus of the point I apparently failed to make) is that in the end both sides claimed victory, the Canadians because they fought off an american invasion (making them one of the few countries to do so). The US because despite having our butts kicked back out of Canada, and the brit navy walking all over us and even burning parts of washington including the white house, and having to resort to mercinaries uh I mean 'privateers' to fight the brit navy.. Despite all that, We got our trade routes back (uh after that Napoleon fellow was defeated, and the brits lifted the blockade but hey lets not get distracted with causality) so ah having 'got' what we were obstensivily fighting for, we scored it in the Win column., Go Us..

Sorry I've just finished watching a reprisal of the Gonzolas testimony (48 "no recollection" responses, before lunch!) and I guess my sarcasm is showing..
{sigh} Time to move on

Return to “Appearance”