Fuel Managment

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Devan

Fuel Managment

Post by Devan »

hey everyone i'm just wondering what everyone is using for fuel managment .... i know megasquirt is popular .. but i'm wondering if there is a ecu tuning program and chip burner like with hondas .... any info would be awesome thanks.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

well...im using MegaSquirtNspark.... sorry no help : (

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Theres nothing like Crome or Hondata with us. You basically have to go standalone.. AKA the expensive route... I have a Haltech E6X in my car.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

Like Franko said, standalone is the better option compared to a "piggy-back" system. I myslef will be running a Microtech efi system on my BP turbo swap.
:D

Not to thread jack, but Franko, do you have any power figures from when you were running the T3 super 60? That is the turbo I'll be using when I do my swap...just thought I'd ask.
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Sorry, no dyno figures. But it was a turbo I had purchased off a friend of mine who had it on his 2.0l tiburon. He dynoed at 15 psi and made 250 whp and 290 tq. I ran it at 15 psi too and it gave a really nice driveable power. Probally wasent too far off what he was making. My exhaust was crap too so if you have a good exhaust it will be even better. The one thing you will love (and everyone says this) is that the super 60 might be the loudest spooling turbo Ive heard around here. It spools so loud! I guarantee you will be happy with it.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I personally run a megasquirt with great success, but if you have a v6 there's a guy who goes by probinator on probetalk that does chips for the v6 ECUs.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I have head of apexis working with our cars from an diff source. And working on an mx6 (spoke with john) They didnt wire the tps tho. I would say tho megasquirt would be the best option. Theres a thread with the diagram (v6) out there. I wish i would have searched for it before i sold mine hah :( oh well.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Bo0sted_Rafi

Post by Bo0sted_Rafi »

Im using Microtech LTx8-s stand alone. Here in PR the most Street/Racing cars r using this EMS.

Return to “Forced Induction”