Failed Lambo door group buy...

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hey,

We will likely have more kits available within a month or so.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hey Everyone,

I also wanted to point out that through out this whole group buy the shipping charges were not mentioned. They are as follows :

Shipping to the USA - $40 CAD

Shipping to Canada - $25 CAD

Please add these to the totals of $275 and $375. I apologize for this not being mentioned however I just realized myself that it was not posted.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

hey kyle,

i hate to be an a--, but i'm holding off sending my payment until i see a vid of the 90 degree hinge working with the fender on. i would like to see full horizontal range of motion as well as ease of adjustability. please and thank you.

your money is awaitng this video.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

ovendenk wrote:hey kyle,

i hate to be an a--, but i'm holding off sending my payment until i see a vid of the 90 degree hinge working with the fender on. i would like to see full horizontal range of motion as well as ease of adjustability. please and thank you.

your money is awaitng this video.
No worries Kevin. A few are holding off til i get mine...ill post a video on the full 90 degree if kyle doesn have a vid by then.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

This looks really interesting.
Hope there will be a second groupbuy for us that missed out on this one.

I`m hoping to be the first(?) European Mx-3 with lambostyle doors :)

-n
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
Shades

Post by Shades »

Put me on that list for the second group buy... provided Jarid's work out.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

the second group buy depends on alot of things..including how the last half of this buy goes.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hey,

First off, below is a video that shows you how far the door will open horizontally. I know the fender is off, but this is how far it will open with the fender on, I adjusted the kit to the point it can open with the fender on. I just did not have the driver side Fender trimmed yet so I did not have it installed.

Also, the 90 Degree Kit does work, I can assure you of that as we have tested it already too, but did not yet have the shocks for them when we tested it. To save time, those who ordered the 90 Degree kits will be receiving the shocks right from our supplier. So I would be happy to post a video of me lifting the door 90 Degrees without the shock mounted. Please note that we would not send out a 90 Degree kit without testing it first ourselves especially when we have the actual car sitting in our shop. The 90 Degree Kits and the Non-90 Degree kits are very similar now with a few important changes to allow the higher range of motion.

Also, if anyone would like me to take a video of one of the kits functions or it in action please let me know as the kit will be coming off our test MX-3 very soon.

Also, for those of you that are sending payments, could you either PM me or email me at kwesley@xtreme-doors.com so that I know when to expect them, that way they will be packaged and ready to go.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hey,

I also wanted to point out that the Production Model Video that I posted with the Fender on and off, is in fact the 90 Degree kit with the Non-90 Degree Shock installed since we did not have the shocks.

Just wanted to point that out. I will get pictures of both kits so that you can see them side by side.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

bgracing wrote:. I just did not have the driver side Fender trimmed yet so I did not have it installed.
trimmed?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

cjthor wrote:
bgracing wrote:. I just did not have the driver side Fender trimmed yet so I did not have it installed.
trimmed?
There is a screw mount halfway down the fender. It would be impossible to make lambos work without cutting it off. I'm assuming that's what he's referring to. If you open your door you can see it just above the stock door hinge.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Hey kyle once you get the 90 degree shocks you should do one video of you getting in with horizontal then as your getting out make it go vertical. With fender on of course.
bgracing

Post by bgracing »

Hey,

Trimmed or rolled you can do either or. This needs to happen to allow the kit to open up horizontally far enough so that when the door is lifted vertically it doesn't hit the fender. The MX-3 has a unique door that sticks in passed the rubber seal on the door jamb, and this is what causes the problems when going vertical. The solution to this is allowing the door to open a certain distance horizontally before raising up.

And Matt, we had a video of us getting out of the car by lifting the door vertically, it is posted a few pages back I believe and the video just recently shows the horizontal travel and us getting in and out. The horizontal travel is no different between the Non-90 Degree and the 90 Degree Kit. But when I get some 90 Degree shocks I will post a video.

Thanks,
Kyle Wesley
Xtreme-Doors
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I will post pics of what needs to be modified when i install my kit...when it arrives. Still no kit or tracking number.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Update 4/18 I am STILL waiting for a tracking number for the kit that was supposedly sent to me almost two weeks ago. I just want everyone to know that I dont think its a good idea to send in money until I at least see a kit produced and shipped from Xtreme doors.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)

Return to “Appearance”