K8 Straight neck FTW

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
solo_ryder

K8 Straight neck FTW

Post by solo_ryder »

http://cgi.ebay.ca/JDM-K8-DOHC-V6-1-8L- ... dZViewItem

IMO this is the most usless motor evar. :)
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Wouldnt that be a K8ZE engine? Worthless? Nahh.. still a good engine even if it aint the fastest.. a worthless engine usually has a hole where there is not supposed to be one ;)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

seems like a k8ze.

Useless i wouldnt call it.. with that price its not bad. Those engines such as kfze and k8ze come with very low milleage and are a nice alternative to someone who needs an engine NOW and wants basically what they had stock in the mx3. My kf had less than 4o thousand miles heads super clean BUT i wanted more power so now it sits in my garage. If my ze blows that will be my temo engine or if i get another mx3 (with a blown engine) ill drop that sucker in.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

no, certainly not useless, swap your curved neck manifold, and voila! you've probably just halved the mileage of your car..., not to mention that this is the only upgraded engine that will (easily) work with an auto tranny
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
JM1EC-V6

Post by JM1EC-V6 »

right, this is a K8-ZE out of an Eunos 500.

They have a different intake design (140 hp K8 )

2 solutions:

-Drop the North american K8 IM (130 hp)
-Put the K8O1 (K8 ) TB on it and get a K8-ZE 140hp 1.8L Mx-3 !
'94 Mx-3 GS-R SE, KL-ZE Interprep. (From '96 PGT KL)
1110Kg
-Interprep KL31 Spec.
ported heads, Polished combustion chamber,3 angle vlv job,10.3:1 C.R.,0.020'' O.S.,KL31 cam,-0.007'' heads,Long neck IM,KL31 TB, Hotshot headers,2.25'' exhaust,Magnaflow cat
ImageImageImage
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

I alwasy thought the k8ze had 170....

EDIT: Nevermind ..its 140hp and 160 tq is what i looked up.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

its only $350!!!!! u cant even buy a k8 for that so for those who are happy with the engine they have but it is running like crap here is there solution
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

WHAT!! where did you read that the K8ZE has 160 ft/lbs of tq? That has got to be a typo. The ZE barely has that much tq.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

PATDIESEL wrote:
WHAT!! where did you read that the K8ZE has 160 ft/lbs of tq? That has got to be a typo. The ZE barely has that much tq.
Just did a search on google till i found somthing pertaining to that motor, not sure what site it was..and im not gonna go look for it because i also beleive it was a typo now that i care enough to pay attention : P

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”