Rods n pistons?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
xxxguineapigxxx

Rods n pistons?

Post by xxxguineapigxxx »

where can i find a good set of rods and pistons for a klze? and also what would be the best way to build it to run turbo and possibly a small NOS shot
92' MX3 GS 1.8L V6 :)
stock now...not for long
ryan_Fuerte

Post by ryan_Fuerte »

if you want to build it for turbo, you dont want to get ze pistons, they are a high compression ratio. You can get aftermarket pistons with a lower comp ratio, or i recomend just getting some klde rods and pistons from a member doing a part out. The lower your compression ratio the better it will run on boost and the more boost you can run.

-Ryan
Mx-3 GSr : Rebuilt klde with 5spd swap, xtd stage 3 clutch, Magnaflow dual exhaust,Accord custom intake, kyb gr2 struts with eibach springs, civic dual halo projectors, black altezzas, white 15'' oz rims, rolling on dunlop street slicks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2400330
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

Or, if you haven't gotten the engine yet, you could just get a KL-DE and use it as is (or rebuild it if it has a lot of miles). One advantage, other than already having a more easily tunable compression ratio for turbo, is that you won't have to be paranoid that you are going to snap a valve retainer (Of course you could get $350 worth of titanium valve retainers for the ZE if you still want to use it or even just put DE retainers in it). Just make sure you get it tuned right. A good stand alone engine management system in combination with a good tuner is a good insurance policy for your engine.
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”