ninjajim4's mx3

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
ninjajim4

ninjajim4's mx3

Post by ninjajim4 »

well, finally got around to snapping some pics a few wks ago and again this wknd. i'm done modding for the immediate future. here it is:

ZE installed by lakersfan. millenia IM, KL31 ECU, integra CAI, XTD stage 2 clutch. powdercoating by xtremethings. IM didn't hold up very well... and pardon the mess :oops:

civic lights courtesy of hec, clear turn sigs

full pak 2 kit all around, badges and antenna shaved, slimvisors painted stock black, 17" axis ne-o's

2.5" headers to magnaflow cat, then splits off to some ebay cans. wasn't crazy about the pak2 back, and i definitely didn't like the look without the duals, which ended up being a PITA. but it's grown on me... gs spoiler's gone, hatch garnish painted to stock black. silver altezza and third brake light. sorry kids, but i like em.

spare tire well's gone to make room for the duals, welded over and undercoated. should taken pics back when it got done. some kinda fluid spilled and now it looks crappy.

full SE interior

welp, there she is!
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

Nice work with the install. It looks very clean. I am counting down the days until my swap. Hope it looks that good when its done.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

While I am not a fan of the body kits.. I gotta give you props for the work and for a clean ride. Nice job :2thumbsup:

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

Tunes67 wrote:While I am not a fan of the body kits.. I gotta give you props for the work and for a clean ride. Nice job :2thumbsup:

Tunes67
thanks... i consider that a better compliment than if you DID like kits :D
i definitely like to turn heads... but i tried not to go TOO over the top and into ultra rice territory. 'clean' was definitely one of the goals.
1992blazeredgs wrote: Nice work with the install. It looks very clean. I am counting down the days until my swap. Hope it looks that good when its done.

Nate
definitely all the credit goes to lakersfan for the swap. in truth, it looked better right out the doors, but it's been through a bit since then. at the time, i lived in a condo with just a parking space in a huge garage, so i couldn't really work on it in there. plus it's nice to have work done by a guy who really knows the MX inside and out. now that i have the space, i'll try my own hand at it eventually with a rebuild...
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I owe alot to lakersfan as well. He gave me a spare klo3 bottom end he had in his garage for free. Its the bottom end i rebuilt and is going in my car next month.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
e2blade

Post by e2blade »

Holy fish sticks batman

RICETASTIC Front and back bumper and fart cans :shock:

but good job with el klze :)
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

not really my liking on body styling, but good job on the motor and the SE interior looks nice. just get some suspension work done and lower it, then it will look complete.

but ya its nice if you like the tail light and the dual exhaust and the body kit than thats awesome, it is your car so its what you think looks nice.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

man, no one likes the pak2 kit?? when i first saw the front end, i thought it was the best one i'd ever seen, except for the chris barros one which never seemed to get made over here.

the back end... not so much. but it's a set. i mainly got it because i wanted the rear side vents to match the fronts. and then i got the duals to go with the bumper. so things kinda snowballed... but like i said, it's grown on me. and it's different. so yea, i'm happy with the results.

as for lowering... well much as i'd like to for the looks, kitted lowered cars dont do too well here in chicago... =P
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I like the bumper. Better than the usual combats. The chin is a bit large for me, but the overall curvature goes much better with the MX body. The rear is a bit different, but nice enough. I think I would find a way to fill that whole rear void and then cut holes for the cans. Then maybe use some aluminum trim to keep the bumper from turning colors from the heat. Paint the aluminum black to match. Looks great and I like the shaved bits. Cleans it up.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

i like it. that ride looks sweet. if you ever decide to sell it let me be the first to know. lol. good job
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
ninjajim4

Re: ninjajim4's mx3

Post by ninjajim4 »

i'm just bumping my old thread out of nostalgia since she is a goner:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80372

i don't even have a recent pic, with the option racing headlights and enkei wheels...
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Breaks my heart man. :(

I watched my first car turned to from MINT to crap in the hands of a family member... It was a real killer.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Aw. :( Did you sell it to lowflyinmx3?
I was just going through Lakersfan1s posts over the last few days. He knew what he was doing!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

just sold it to a local guy.

you're right about LF1, very knowledgable. he was sorta an a$$, but it was not just some jerk hiding behind a computer -- he was like that in person too. i really liked and respected that guy :D

he moved away and joined the army i believe
Savin

Post by Savin »

You told him about the mx-3 forums, right? I'd hate to see your car just vanish off the face of the earth.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”