who actually HAS an over bored TB?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

who actually HAS an over bored TB?

Post by hgallegos915 »

I know the info on it, i know where to get it and how much it costs. I just basically want to know who has it? what engine? what size? and if you have dyno on it. Any input appreciated.

My mods in the sig.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
capamx3

Post by capamx3 »

I think 30 persons in the german mx-3-community have one....normal bored and extremly bored...normal bored was about 3kw on the dyno, the extreme bored eventually 5-6kw. I sell them for B6 and K8, bady i haven´t a dyno run from the B6 engines....normald bored k8 are about 60-61mm extreme bored are 65-66...B6 Tb is for PreFL 55-57mm and for the FLs 50-61mm
For KL-Engines we bore about 65-66

Where are they to buy in the US?
Master of big-bored throttlebody!
Mods:
Venom VCN-1000 NOS, custom lightened flywheel, 6pads race-clutch, custom big-bored-tb, modded fuel-pressure, race-header, 100cpi catalytic converter, 2 1/2" midpipe, short-shifter, 60/45mm KAW/Kayaba Suspension/Shock-Kit, Zimmerman Drilled Brake Disk, Stainless Steel Brake & Clutch Line, Exhaust Fogging System, Custom Made Alpha-N-Controlling, Apexi RSM, Water-Alcohol-Injection, 2 Lambda-Meter,
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

I have one on my MX-3, its a 67mm. And i stand by this mod. Probably one of the best upgrades for the cost.

I originally bought one for my MX-6, and it made a huge difference, so i did the same for this project.

Never dyno'd it but i can def tell there was a difference
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

capamx3 wrote:I think 30 persons in the german mx-3-community have one....normal bored and extremly bored...normal bored was about 3kw on the dyno, the extreme bored eventually 5-6kw. I sell them for B6 and K8, bady i haven´t a dyno run from the B6 engines....normald bored k8 are about 60-61mm extreme bored are 65-66...B6 Tb is for PreFL 55-57mm and for the FLs 50-61mm
For KL-Engines we bore about 65-66

Where are they to buy in the US?
How much for a bored TB for the K8?
I`m in Norway, so shipping shouldnt be too bad either.
I dont need to tune anything, it`s just bolt n go?

-n
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
capamx3

Post by capamx3 »

Yes it´s just bolt-on, you get a bigbored from me and you have to send your original back to me ....you only have to adjust the idle....

Part Price for K8 normal wide is 130€ for extreme K8 widing is 150€
Kl is 150€
And 100€ pledge or you sent me first your original....some german idiots have F**ed me up...they have paid the money for the widing and shipping and haven´t sent the original back...so i´ve maked the thing with the pledge

Insured shipping over land is 30€ via airmail is 38,50
Uninsured over land 8,60 via airmail is 12,90€
Mods:
Venom VCN-1000 NOS, custom lightened flywheel, 6pads race-clutch, custom big-bored-tb, modded fuel-pressure, race-header, 100cpi catalytic converter, 2 1/2" midpipe, short-shifter, 60/45mm KAW/Kayaba Suspension/Shock-Kit, Zimmerman Drilled Brake Disk, Stainless Steel Brake & Clutch Line, Exhaust Fogging System, Custom Made Alpha-N-Controlling, Apexi RSM, Water-Alcohol-Injection, 2 Lambda-Meter,
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

How much is that for US dollars? a gu charges me 150 i believe. I guess i want the most bore u can get, 67mm? i got a millenia manifold. I have heard people have idle issues with the 67mm? what size is the millenia? 65?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

IIRC K8 TB's are 55mm and can be bored max to 60mm, KL TB's are 60mm and can be bored to 67mm max, although there was someone who bored one to 68mm. The restriction is the wall thickness, anymore and your gonna poke through.

I have a 67mm from an old BB on PT from PMO.

g/l
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I bought a 67 mm I bought from a buddy for $140. I have it on my KLZE... well worth the investment! It's like the feeling when you first put a cold air intake on your car... more feeling than anything but great nonetheless for that throw-you-back-in-your-seat effect. :lol:

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED if you like that feel!
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

what is the stock on the millenia tb isint is at 66 already or somthing like that????
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

bleh imma get that mod done.. already got the money for that :/ im bored and want to do some modding..
-hec

Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

http://maxbore.com/

maybe someone should start a group buy, im looking at sending in my millenia one here soon.
capamx3

Post by capamx3 »

"IRC K8 TB's are 55mm and can be bored max to 60mm"

Thats so not correct....we bore K8 up to 68mm but it´s right that KL´s only could be bored up to 67...
Mods:
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

PWRD_BY_HKS wrote:what is the stock on the millenia tb isint is at 66 already or somthing like that????
Stock millenia is KL68 (possibly KL47 as well) and both are 60mm.
capamx3 wrote:"IRC K8 TB's are 55mm and can be bored max to 60mm"

Thats so not correct....we bore K8 up to 68mm but it´s right that KL´s only could be bored up to 67...
Good to know. Doesnt seem likely since K8 is smaller, but you would know. :wink:

Since you do boring, can i ask how you are able to get the surface of the plate to seal against the wall of the TB since is does not sit perfectly vertical and would need to be cut at an angle (remember reading something about it being eliptical). Can you see any light looking through your bored TB's when closed?
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

The max is 68mm on a K-Series TB.

All KL TB are 60mm, and the K8 is 55mm

I have one of the original CZT TB where the plate is bored 67mm and its coned out to a 70mm, i then polished it all smooth. But it does has some issues sometimes with a hihgher than normal idle.

Also my TB i ahve now is a 67mm straight through and i noticed a slightly higher than normal idle.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
capamx3

Post by capamx3 »

Yes, we have found a way to see no light through the body when the plate is closed we have a special designed holding to work out the plate with the exact angle of the plate, so there´s no problem to do that right...
On the Start our boys have a little idle probs too, the point is that there´s a air-bubble in the housing of the idle-air-controllingthe first fuel-fulling is normal that idle is incorrect, when the first fuel is empty, than it´s okay!

To the question:
How much is that for US dollars?

Look at the Exchange-Course on paypal...than you get an good conditioned exchange....
Mods:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”