Poly Engine mount inserts

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

You can buy the liquid urethane a McMaster-Carr. I think it is about 40 bucks and will be enough to fill all your mounts. FYI
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
NeZmO

Post by NeZmO »

Thanks for the forewarning on the mounts from rr-racing. I haven't bought them but I wish they made some for the 3 :(
NeZmO

Post by NeZmO »

Also, I could have SWORN that SRD performance sold replacement motor mounts for the mx-3. Did they at one time?
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

I can never find it on McMaster-Carrs website anymore. The manufacturer that we used was Forsch Polymers Corp. In case you want to use them:
http://www.forschpolymer.com/

Edit...Found it. go to http://www.McMaster.com and in the search field enter the part number 8644K11
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
Cy

Post by Cy »

i'm canadian and McMaster won't ship poly over the border last time i hear anything about it...
tysoe

Post by tysoe »

SRD sell Engine mount member bushings which are different. Those are to do with mounting the tranny not holding the engine in place so much.
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

Laugh it up, I have hockey pucks in my front engine mount for a couple of years now. Works great as far as I can tell!

Drill a hole through the center, mount the little steel sleeve from the orig insert (If I remember correctyl), carve around the edge of the puck so it fits in the mount, and pound it in there. Still takes awhile, but its quicker than the poly method and so far has had no bad effects.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

I am from Georgia...and the NHL won't ship Hockey pucks over the border last time I heard. (Something about not enough ice...or already missing teeth...I dunno!) :lol:
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

ccreech wrote:I am from Georgia...and the NHL won't ship Hockey pucks over the border last time I heard. (Something about not enough ice...or already missing teeth...I dunno!) :lol:
lol...i like that one

more on topic imine are gilled with urethane window weld and are holding up fine. i did them when i had the motor out of the car and let them dry for a few days. I wanna buy new mounts and fill them with the real stuff(Liquid Urethane) the hockey puck idea is an olschool truck surprised it wasn't mentoned in the begiuniing of the thread.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Badam

Post by Badam »

ccreech wrote:The manufacturer that we used was Forsch Polymers Corp. http://www.forschpolymer.com/
go to http://www.McMaster.com and in the search field enter the part number 8644K11
I'm curious ... assuming that those of you who have added the 2-part urethane, properly prepped the existing mount well (cleaned any dirt/oil from the rubber, and roughed it up a little bit with sandpaper) the question is this: has the urethane stayed intact? Or has it crumbled or de-laminated from the original mount/rubber over time??
Cy

Post by Cy »

crumbling would be a problem but becoming unadheard to the mount wouldn't effect it's performance as it's on 3/4 sides of the mount and should still remain stiff

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”