short cut to change the Friction Gear Spring

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Hayata

short cut to change the Friction Gear Spring

Post by Hayata »

i've been looking alot of engine pics of the vavle heads on our motors..
i wonder if it was easier to change the friction gear springs by just removing the intake manifold, vavle covers then straight to the cams that have the friction gear springs. like the cams that dont need the springs are connected one piece to the timing belts n wat not..

i just ask u guys if u agree with my idea cuz this ticking noise from my motor is really pissin the s--- outta me... >_<

thanks,
gil
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

The problem might be that the cams Must both come out at the same time. I don't think that you can remove only one of them since they are kind of sandwiched in together. Make sure to mark the cams before you remove them so that you can replace them exactly like you took them out.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

patdiesel is right the cams have to be placed in at the same time in the correct position. There is marks on them already. but double check that before you pull it all apart.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

yep... and the parts arent cheap either.
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

and it might be the lifters that are ticking, in which case you wouldnt even fix what you are trying to...
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Solid HLAs from a Millinea are the way to fix that, but honestly the cost for the benefit is not enough to make me do it...
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Hayata

Post by Hayata »

solid ones huh well wouldnt this be more louder than the other normal hlas'? i think it would probably wear down the vavle train faster if the lifters didnt have a form of cushion.

BTW does anyone know the specs on all the HLAs for all K series motors
cuz i heard theres slight differences..

thanks guys
gil
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

You have to have the cams to go with the solid hla's

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”