Mounting a spoiler on the mx3 (not a stock spoiler)

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Mounting a spoiler on the mx3 (not a stock spoiler)

Post by import_fan7 »

Ok I just have the black garnish piece on my hatch now...so i want to mount my spoiler it being aluminum (dont worry its not a huge one) anyway me and my friend are not sure on how to mount it to the garnish since its just plastic ..we cant see normal metal screws being able to hold it on..just wondering if anyone out there has done this or would know what would work to mount this spoiler on my plastic garnish?? i know there is metal in behind the plastic but we would need some long screws to get through all that metal back there any simple advice thanks anyone!!
1995 MX3 RS - SOLD :(..... i will remain on this site!......hopefully buying a v6 mx3 spring 09!!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2564737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Sounds like you already know the answer, the only way that is gonna work is to drill thru the metal because that is the only area to hold that in there correctly.
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

I think you should remove the garnish so that you can see what your options are before drilling any holes.
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)

Return to “Appearance”