lowridah313

How much would you pay for a 92 MX-3?

Post by lowridah313 »

I don't think I could justify this.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/1992-Mazda-mx3-Never ... dZViewItem
Representin' the THRE3:TH1RT3EN
'02 Nissan Xterra SE, atx, 4x4, 32's
'92 Geo Tracker atx, 4x4
Feedback http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 54&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Poor guy, noone is gonna buy it for that price, sounds like he wants exactly what he put into it, that is never the case.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Wow.. sadlly its a sohc. Even a ze swapped mx3 costs around 3000 - 4000.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
neutral
Supporting Member

Re: How much would you pay for a 92 MX-3?

Post by neutral »

lowridah313 wrote:I don't think I could justify this.
heheh, saw that over the weekend. From the number of bids, the world agrees with ya. :D
Image -Jim
bubsy83

92 mx3

Post by bubsy83 »

That's pretty stiff for a 15 year old car. It's very nice and appears very taken care of but unfortunately there just isn't a market for these cars and they aren't even in the same class as some older classics that can command high $$$. Maybe he should take it to Barrett Jackson and see what a collector would bid for a car like this!!!
I think he should just take out all of his toys and keep them for another project or his daily driver. Many people seem to want to put their own system in their cars anyway.
Generally speaking, spending that much money on any car ought to be for the owner's own enjoyment and not try and raise a value on a car, because in the end he won't get what he put into it.
tysoe

Post by tysoe »

If a collector was interested in an MX3 they would probably want it all OEM like out of the factory. At the end of the day few people will pay much extra for your mods.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Um. Mine's closer to stock. Oh collector! Come buy MY car! $10,000 obo. (Nevermind the fact I'll just use the money to buy another MX-3, brake and suspension upgrades and a ZE swap).
Cody
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

If I was a collector of MX-3's.. I'd be looking for the rare ones.. like a 93 SE Laguna Blue Metallic or a 94 US spec GS. Heck even the 96 OBDI cars are a rarity. And yeah.. if it was riced out like that thing.. I wouldnt be even slightly interested.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

I paid 5 times less for my black MX3 1993 V6 with 130000 km, engine is like new, the only thing it was slightly crashed on front (damaged bumper), so in my opinion $10k MX3 should look different, not like this white, and it should sing you your favourite song every time you start it and call you "Dear Sir".
MX-3 V6 1993 | Black | EU-spec | K819
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

so a 94 us GS is rare?? if so i guess i got lucky i only paid 1900 for mine (needed tranny work)
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

In the US the 94 GS is rare.. at least compared to the 92-93 model years. It had limited production numbers and was discontinued in the US for the 95 model year. The canadians still got the till 96 I believe... and you could still find them some places in Europe till 98.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

cool thanks

Return to “Off-Topic”