broken tachometer

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
nolig2278

broken tachometer

Post by nolig2278 »

94 mx3: needle rolls up to several thousand rpm then barely moves when i hit the gas then slowly moves down when I let off the gas.

this happened after i removed the needle and pin to install an oil pressure gauge into the gauge cluster. everything else works right. speedo needle was stuck and out of adjustment but i fixed that. tach is currently useless
94 RS to BPT
2.5 FMIC
MicroSquirt
2.5 Exhaust
[url=https://gilon.levinsonltd.com/mx-3.html[/url]
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

It being cable driven all I could guess from your description is that it is not on correctly. I suggest you take it apart more carefully and see if you can see something causing friction on the needle (keeping it from moveing freely). Other than that, get a new tach from a MX-3 being parted on here and install it in your cluster.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

the tach isnt cable driven, he said he fixed the speedo i have had this issue before, make sure the face is seated flat and not rubbing anywhere on the needle or the round base
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”