Best Struts

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
locutus79

Best Struts

Post by locutus79 »

What's the best struts to buy? All i've heard about are tokiko. Are there any others that are worth looking at? Money being a definite factor, me being a college student. Thanks. :cool:
jfbourgault

Re: Best Struts

Post by jfbourgault »

I got KYB GR2 struts on mine, they work fine, are a little stiffer than stock struts and they really help cornering.<BR>p.s. someone recommended me to use KYB gr2 struts with H&R coils, apparently it's the hottest setup there is. i'm getting the coils after this fu?&*"/$?* winter.
92 mx-3 GS .greeeeeeeen!<BR>Honda !!!, what do you mean Honda??<BR>Oh sorry, you meant that piece of crap parked next to my car! oh sorry again, I meant to say lawnmower....
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

personally, i'd go with gc's. i just like the whole adjustability factor.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Nottahonda

Post by Nottahonda »

I love my GAB's...
Casey Guthrie
[email]goesfast@theraces.com" target="_blank[/email]
Daemione

Post by Daemione »

Brand-wise, Koni, KYB, Bilstein, & Tokico are the big players. Each brand has different levels of damping/adjustability.<P>Personally, on a tight budget, if you want damping adjustability, I'd suggest KYB AGX's. If you don't need adjustable, I'd say Bilstein. Although the bilstein may be more expensive than a non-adjustable KYB or Tokico - I'm not sure. Ultimately, which shocks you pick should be decided on the springs your running & what kind of driving you'll be doing.<P>You'll have to check as to what's available for your application - I'm not sure on the specifics of that either.
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

If you looking to save a buck and get some performance you best bet are the Tokico's. You can find them for less than a $100 if you look around and they will give you some stiffness, they are also good if you plan to lower your car later with either drop springs like H&R, Suspension Tech, Jamex, or coil overs like Ground Control.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”