amp help!

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
s1zzl3

amp help!

Post by s1zzl3 »

i have a PDX-1.1000 hooked up to 2 of my 12" alpine type rs
and for sum reason when i push my subs
my amps dont work for a day then jus start working again, this only happens sometimes
but usually it jus cuts out the bass and u simply have to turn off the headunit
and turn it back on to fix the problem..
i dunno what it could be
faulty connection?
my headunit is alpine cda-9857 if that helps
could it be simply the combination? cuz i do have another amp
hooked up to my third 12" type r... i dunno
thnxz in advance
:D
s1zzl3 & s1 Designs 2009
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2312320
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

I would try replacing the remote wire. Then if that don't fix it, maybe try a different pair of rca's.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

it could be your ground? cuz it could be loose and it only works when the wire is moved a certain way.
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
chew*

Post by chew* »

Can you give us a little more info as in how you have the subs wired to the alpine type-r 12's etc what ohm load your driving it into. This can be tested with a multi meter set on the ohms setting, touched to the wire that goes to the amp for the final impedance the amp will see. Also gauge of wire used to power and ground the amp and also ground location and length.

FYI it sounds like the amp is going into protection.

My guess would be your driving it below a 2 ohm load as it clearly states in the manual that it can't be run into lower than a 2ohm load.

Not that amp's can't go below reccomended impedance but it's more luck of the draw that they will. I have 2 identical 1 serial # apart old school fosgate 250m2's, 1 is stable into 2 ohm mono the other however isn't. On the other hand i have 2 kicker kx 1200.1's that are rated for 1 ohm and both can be driven into 1/4 ohm, however those are rarities.

Anyway the model of the subs would help also unless you know whether they are the dual 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm subs. A pair of 4 ohm subs can be wired for either a combined 4 ohm load or a 1 ohm load, and a pair of the dual 2 ohm subs can be wired for a 2 ohm load or a 1/2 ohm load. So it's possible with either model type-r sub that you possibly have it configured wrong.
xxxguineapigxxx

Post by xxxguineapigxxx »

well its a one channel amp...and you have two subs to it, which usually isnt a problem but the ohm's are probly different, so two subs trying to draw the wrong ohm's will kick the amp into protect mode...so you would have to turn the deck off then back on, try wiring one sub to it and see what happens, if it still happens then your ohm's are way off
92' MX3 GS 1.8L V6 :)
stock now...not for long

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”