Pacesetter Exhaust

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
666raCing

Pacesetter Exhaust

Post by 666raCing »

Is the Pacesetter Exhaust worth it? For those who have it, what do you think about it?
92 Mazda MX-3 GS
twoie

Post by twoie »

I've had it for about a year. I did change out the muffler back to OEM due to me being an old fart and the cabin noise was just to loud for me.

twoie
Suresperance

Post by Suresperance »

i've got the pace setter exhaust ... i love the way it sounds and it does also give you alittle more pull ... all in all i think its one of the best exhaust systems ive had on any of my cars.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

I've heard bad things about rust, but as for me, i got custome. Its the same price if not cheaper.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

fwiw I had a GS Pacesetter exhaust on my RS w/short (~6") pipe section inserted to fill a gap in fitment for the RS. After one Fall and Winter, 8-9mos total, I went to yank it cuz the Pacesetter muffler noise drove me nuts. Loud ALL the time, even when cruising low throttle at normal highway spd. Wanted something that growled a bit mainly just when accelerating. Was surprised at the amount of rust after less than one year on the car. I live in MD and we hadn't gotten much winter weather, road salt etc that year. Felt like I'd practically wasted 200+$. :shrug:
Image -Jim
666raCing

Post by 666raCing »

judging by the poor feedback, i think i'm going to go with a custom exhaust. while on the topic - can anyone suggest a quality high flow cat, a resonator, and a muffler? thanks dudes.
92 Mazda MX-3 GS
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

seriously i had the setup for 2 months before i had to get rid of it
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
timexim

Post by timexim »

I've had a pacesetter exhaust on my 97 sentra for about 4 years now. The one thing about pacesetter headers and exhaust systems is the knuckleheads don't use high temp paint so it burns off. Gotta paint it with high temp paint before installing it
Former sentra gxe owner. Proud new owner of a 92 MX-3 GS 5-speed.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

for the price you pay and there quality its not worth it, custom catback with muffler from a muffler shop will cost less, depending on the muffler you choose
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

I had one on my car, and it rusted through after a year... So take that for what it's worth.
No more MX-3.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”