kinda stumped, maybe my Dizzy/HEI

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdamx3freak

kinda stumped, maybe my Dizzy/HEI

Post by mazdamx3freak »

my car idles kinda okay with a little spuddering in it but whenever i press in the gas it starts to die until i let off the gas. Yesterday it did that for like 5min then it was fine, after that it dorve okay except for the spuddering at idle but when i was driving it was fine accerating and so forth but this morning it just keeps dying like stated above. Also when i turn the key to the ON pos. it doesnt beep 3 times and not to sure if i hear the fuel pump kick on either but then again its idleing alright. I was wondering if it was the coil or maybe a plug failed. Oh and wires and fuel filter are only a month old. any suggestions?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

The ideling down when you slightly press the gas sounds like the TPS sensor is failing or needs to be reset. However, I would check the plugs first.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

PATDIESEL wrote:The ideling down when you slightly press the gas sounds like the TPS sensor is failing or needs to be reset. However, I would check the plugs first.
okay i changed the plugs there fine. tested my VAF and its good b/c i just tryed it on my other car and it works good, but whenever i pull the plug it still idles? Also i tryed receting the tps and nothing has chaged at all still dies when i give it gas. and running rich as hell (unburn gas on the plugs and all black when i pulled them) so should i still buy a new TPS b/c i would like to be positive before i buy a new one (very exspensive)!?!?!?!?!
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

have you checked for vaccum leaks - does this happen all the time or only when the engine is warm/hot? Does it work ok if you accelerate very slowly? - if ues check catalytic converter....

Also try normal maintenance like plugs, wires, cap, rotor etc.
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

ariesdude wrote:have you checked for vaccum leaks - does this happen all the time or only when the engine is warm/hot? Does it work ok if you accelerate very slowly? - if ues check catalytic converter....

Also try normal maintenance like plugs, wires, cap, rotor etc.
yes all vac. lines are good double checked. and plugs(just bought today) wires, rotor are within 3 month new. And theres no kat or res. on the car. Oh and fuel filter & both O2 sensors are only a few months old also. + theres NO cels.

It does it all the time and no as soon as i hit the throttle it dies until i let off the gas then it remains at idle. Also idle tends to start off very low and accelrate a bit.
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

i know there has to be some mx3 god that can help!
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

try running a few cans of injector cleaner....
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”