Fx Designs Bodykit

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Fx Designs Bodykit

Post by import_fan7 »

hey im thinking of getting the full fx designs combat bodykit ..just wondering,who ever has one could ya tell me how the fitment was because i heard there one of the best fitting kit companies for the mx3 that doesn't require huge modifications for it to fit.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I've owned 4 so far. Fitment was pretty good, but still needed some adjustment. The ones that I got the mold needed repair b/c there were numerous pock marks that needed filling before they could be painted. The thing I would check into is the type of fiberglass they use on the kits now. Most companies have changed to FRP (fiber reinforced plastic) which is much better than plain fiberglass. The reason I owned 4 front bumpers is that any Little thing that you hit or bump breaks the bumper. Most of the time it was cheaper to pay the 4 or 5 hundred to get a new bumper than it was to fix the broken one. So over the years I learned to fix them myself. A good skill to have and saves a ton if you want a body kit. Just know that you will crack it soon after you buy it. You just aren't going to be conditioned to know what you can and cannot fit over and how close you can get to things without touching. Parking curbs that your front bumper would go over will now hit the bumper, speed bumps are a concern, unlevel ground is hard to determine if you can make it over, etc etc. FRP will help the bumper abosorb some impact without cracking, but it will still break.
Personally I think CorkSport's MS knockoff is the best fitting and most realistic (not too low to the ground, but still looks good). But it is also the most common on the MX for that reason.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Post by import_fan7 »

Thanx man ..i use to have an acura integra i had a kit on it but it was fine cause it was the wingswest kit and it was ureathane so impact wasnt too much of a problem ..but i was use to going slow over trhings and angling the car all the time up steep driveways..i still do it even though my mx is stock just cause im use to it ..so hopefully it helps a lil,but anyway ill contact them and ask them what they use ..thanx again
RaspMetalicMX3SE

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

IVE HAD THE FX COMBAT BUMPER FOR LIKE 5 YEARS , 3 OF WHICH WITH COILOVERS(SO IT'S EXTRA LOW). ONLY HAD TO REPLCE IT ONCE AND THAT WAS BECAUSE SOME A__HOLE HIT AND RAN ON IT IN A PARKING LOT WHILE I WAS IN THE STORE. COMPLETELY SMASHED IT. IF YOU KNOW HOW TO DRIVE RIGHT WITH A KIT YOU CAN AVOID ANY DAMAGE. NOW I'M LOOKING TO REPLCE IT JUST FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND NEW.
coindex

Post by coindex »

Import Fan -

I was just in an accident on the 19 of Feb, stupid lady rebouded and cracked my stock front bumper, barely hit her but I slid into her on her rebound. Good thing is my insurance company is covering all damages and replacing my whole front bumper assembly. I have my garage ordering my front bumper from FX Designs and I am getting the combat bumper. I will post some info regarding fit and assembly when I talk to the mechanic who is working on my car. I would do it but I don't have a garage plus Im not paying for anything since the insurance covers all. Good thing no deductable payout also :D :D
I'll watch this topic and get back to you when I have that info.
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Post by import_fan7 »

coindex wrote:Import Fan -

I was just in an accident on the 19 of Feb, stupid lady rebouded and cracked my stock front bumper, barely hit her but I slid into her on her rebound. Good thing is my insurance company is covering all damages and replacing my whole front bumper assembly. I have my garage ordering my front bumper from FX Designs and I am getting the combat bumper. I will post some info regarding fit and assembly when I talk to the mechanic who is working on my car. I would do it but I don't have a garage plus Im not paying for anything since the insurance covers all. Good thing no deductable payout also :D :D
I'll watch this topic and get back to you when I have that info.
alright cool...actually i just ordered my full fx combat front sides and vsx rear it should be at my house next week it wont be going on untill the snow clears me and a friend are fitting it on...but if you get your s and get it on before me it would be cool to know how it fitted and all thanx
1995 MX3 RS - SOLD :(..... i will remain on this site!......hopefully buying a v6 mx3 spring 09!!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2564737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
coindex

Post by coindex »

[quote="import_fan7"][quote="coindex"]Import Fan -

I'll watch this topic and get back to you when I have that info.[/quote]

alright cool...actually i just ordered my full fx combat front sides and vsx rear it should be at my house next week it wont be going on untill the snow clears me and a friend are fitting it on...but if you get your s and get it on before me it would be cool to know how it fitted and all thanx[/quote]

My front bumper just came in on Monday. I went to take a look at it. Very nice job done, no potholes in the fiberglass. I just had one concern though, there were not any holes for the left/right signal units. Wonder if those have to be cut out or not. I am bringing my car in on the 12th of March. Car should be done by the 14th. I will take some pictures of it and try to get some project pics also.
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Post by import_fan7 »

cool my whole bodykit came in today as well from fx designs it looks awesome...yea the front doesn't have the side lights cut out because i believe the way that combat front is designed they wont fit in behind the bumper, your shop may be able to modify it to fit them but im not gonna bother because you dont really need them on there and there not signal lights there just little sidemarker lights that just stay on when you turn your headlights on ..they dont blink when you use your blinkers..but fx's rear bumpers for the mx3 have the side marker cut out.. but anyway thought id post that my kit came in and it will be on my car in about a month!!
1995 MX3 RS - SOLD :(..... i will remain on this site!......hopefully buying a v6 mx3 spring 09!!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2564737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
coindex

Post by coindex »

import_fan7 wrote:cool my whole bodykit came in today as well from fx designs it looks awesome...yea the front doesn't have the side lights cut out because i believe the way that combat front is designed they wont fit in behind the bumper, your shop may be able to modify it to fit them but im not gonna bother because you dont really need them on there and there not signal lights there just little sidemarker lights that just stay on when you turn your headlights on ..they dont blink when you use your blinkers..but fx's rear bumpers for the mx3 have the side marker cut out.. but anyway thought id post that my kit came in and it will be on my car in about a month!!

I'm not talking about the running lights, i'm talking about the actual left and right signal lights. The bodykit has two small squares in the front which could act as signal unit holes but if that is NOT the case I wonder if you just modify the original ones beside the two squares
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

Signals are from either a 89 crx or a 92 integra. I think either one will work. If I remember right, I used the integra lights. Only cost me $21 cdn shipped. You do need to make brackets to hold them and I just used the thin rebar metal that is used in som stereo deck installs, the metal with the holes cut in them every inch or so. You can use almost anything to make them and it was easy to do. I did my own in about hald an hour.
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Post by import_fan7 »

sorry my bad thought you were talking about the side lights anyway for those front signals my friend has the same front bumper as we now have and he didnt need to use integra or crx signals you can use your stock ones and yes they go right beside the little square holes...you can either attach them to the bumper support behind the combat skin or ive seen people attach them right to the combat skin it self up underneith ...if your taken it to a shop just tell them where you want them and im sure they can get them in there for ya....
coindex

The final project

Post by coindex »

Here it is:

This is what I found out. It was really easy for the fit. A little modifications he had to do. (drill the holes on the top for the metal that anchors the bumper to the body).
He put my flashers in the little square holes with amber bulbs in. They actually look pretty good.
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Post by import_fan7 »

very nice looks great hope mine fits on that good!!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Ive changed back to stock bumper with lip, looks better and doesnt crack all the time. Ive busted mine so many times, unless its show car I wouldn't bother with a body kit on any of my cars. Unless you got nice roads everywhere and sometimes you're going to fast to notice that dip in a road and boom...there goes your $400-500 bucks.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Post by import_fan7 »

happy to say that me and my friend have fitted on the front and sides so far and the front fits perfect no modding to do at all.....as for the sides they fit good except a small amount of sanding is needed on one of the side skirts where the piece goes into the door!! ill post once we fit my rear to the car on monday..then after that all ill have to do is fit some grill into the holes paint it and then throw it on my car..should look awesome!!

Return to “Appearance”