Did the pvc vent mod

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Did the pvc vent mod

Post by hgallegos915 »

So i re inbstalled my catch can, works awesome.. as I was looking I noticed that what was the point of the catch can if i STILL got the pvc system going to the intake elbow.. so i did what my friend rudy did and placed a breather then blocked the elbow. Did my regular maintenance, oil change and air filter change. Maybe I had a clogged air element but wow i can feel it pull just a tiny bit more. Even my gf asked if i had done something to it. odd huh.. I guess the benefit is less hot air going to the intake ? maybe its just us and it didnt do anything?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

The PVC vent to the intake is to help supply vacuum to the oil system.
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

lakersfan1 wrote:The PVC vent to the intake is to help supply vacuum to the oil system.
correct and the catch can prevents it frm going IN to the engine again.... hector just has a hard time explaining what he means....
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

P-C-V
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

pvc bro....
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Actually.. it is PCV.. it stands for Positive Crankcase Ventilation.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

im spanish bro.... same difference...
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I am not trying to pick on you man.. but really.. it doesnt matter if your spanish, korean, or a eskimo.. one is correct and the other is not. There is no need to take it personal.. thats not the intent here.. the intent is to post correct information so that other people reading these threads in the future dont get the wrong information. Cheers

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

why don't you both PWRD_BY_HKS and hgallegos915 come and fix my car. :D
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

^ ladies and gentle men .... LUIS!!!!!! because you havent told us to go.... duhhhhh..... hit me up on the phone and ill go see what wonders we can do to it.....
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

Tunes67 wrote:
I am not trying to pick on you man.. but really.. it doesnt matter if your spanish, korean, or a eskimo.. one is correct and the other is not. There is no need to take it personal.. thats not the intent here.. the intent is to post correct information so that other people reading these threads in the future dont get the wrong information. Cheers

Tunes67
..... dont worry bro... i never get offended.... and i was joking....
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

heh u guys are right is pcv LOL well pvc in spanish but well yeah i was meaning the pcv thing.. luis.. well when are u off? I have no clue on how to take off the water pump while engine is in car tho..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

i have done it but .... SHHHHH that is a pain....
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”