another idle probleme :(

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MoRf

another idle probleme :(

Post by MoRf »

hi i have a 1993 gs it's a unmoded k8 with 287kms
, ive noticed alot of people having idle probemes with these cars :?

mine idle's a 1.2 ish when it runnin fine, but after a short drive the CEL comes on and then it always wants to stall and idles below 500rpm the engine runs rough and the exhaust note is eradic when the CEL is on, someone told me it was the "knock sensor" ? but it dosent sound right to me

ive already replaced the the air box and the breather tube.
i have a 1994gs parts car so i should have all the sensors if it's a simple swap ?

any help would muchly be appreciated :)

i tryd to search for this probleme but there seem to be manny different idle problemes :|

Devon.
ritalin

Post by ritalin »

I had this same problem recently.
The problem was the piece of hose that runs between the engine and the air filter box. It's like a corrugated 3" hose, and the rubber had perished between the corrugations, so there were splits where the air was leaking. I replaced this, and it's been working great since.

I'm not sure this is helpful to you - is this a part you've already replaced?
MoRf

Post by MoRf »

i have the ruber air hose off right now there are 2 small cracks but they don't appear to cracked through , im going to glue them while i have it off , i don't think this is the probleme tho :(

i sealed the verry small cracks but it dident make a difference

the idle is jumping between 1,400 rpm to 2k rpm when the CEL is off, and 300rpm to 600rpm when the CEL is on , i also reset the codes with the battery break thing and it still came back

i don't think this is a minor intake leak :'(
MoRf

Post by MoRf »

Fixed it :) .. the previous owner turned up the idle w/o using the TEN/GRD jump wire (when he had the intake leak) and i checked the codes and the only one that was showing was 16 so i guess i have an egr problem.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”