KFZE install ......vac. and wiring

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

hgallegos915 wrote:all you need is the jkze ecu. Is it a square runner kf or a round runner? I was using the klde manifold and it was quite good. The k8 manifold was to restrictive compared to the de. stock vaf will do. I wish you luck.. all kf engines that we have swapped ( just 3) we have had bad experiences. Hydrolocks, fires bad engines. Mine amazingly survived all of that.. survived hydrolock and a fire. Power was not that great.
will the kl47 ecu work for a chance and is there and want to make it work on a K8 or De ecu?
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

you need to use the kf15 ecu and use the je50. if you need a kf15 ecu i have one
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

kf15 is the only one that will work.

kfzes are fairly low milleage engines. Those pics are nostalgic, still i cant believe i wasted money on that engine. If your car is a daily driver, the kfze engine will do you well, its better than the k8. This is not a high perf engine tho.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

does anyone know where i can buy the kf15 ecu for a auto tranny from. online?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

If I am right, it should be compatible with both auto and 5 speed (if they are like KLZE ecu's)
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

also was wondering what year/ model auto tranny would work alright with this motor? i was thinking about getting an 93 626 tranny..
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

IIRC the tranny should all be interchangable here, so a 626 tranny should work, but don't qoute me on this, I see no reason why those trannies will not work because the K series blocks are all the same.
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

mazdamx3freak wrote:how wont it run right? meaning? plus i dont think i can get a kf ecu.....
You should be able to buy one from the person you got the motor from hell they should've gave you one with the motor every web store I've been to has offered the ecu with that particullar motor if not you can get one from https://www.tigerjapanese.com/index.php?cPath=45. Just go to the home page.
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

THANX!
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

Hey No Prob..
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
radekkm

Post by radekkm »

i'm doing turbo for my mx-3 1.8 v6, but before it i swaped the engine for kf-ze (this is what told me the guy who sold the engine).i have no inlet manifolt, the engine have k8 heads ,this is photo of my pistons

http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... onsvo3.jpg

sorry for english
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I started to swap the engine today in my friends white mx3, we tought it was the timing but it ended up being the coil. Still he wants the kfze in there.

Its a pretty straight forward swap and Im glad i using the kf again.

:)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Nice clean pistons.. dam I think I may have a millenia ze on my mx3 because when I shined the light I did see flat pistons but they had like a groove on the side.. bleh.. I hope it is so i can run more boost.

Anywho nice pics!
-hec

Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

6 month old post resurected because...
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
radekkm

Post by radekkm »

i need to identify is this KF-ZE

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”