need help

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
lv2xlr8

need help

Post by lv2xlr8 »

ok, ive had my car for about a year now. the drivers side front end makes a noise when you turn and hit bumps. the guy i got the car from said that when he put the factory suspension back on it he left the spring seat on the drivers side out. this makes sense cause when i make a hard turn to the left, then the car pulls to the left and vice versa, as if the spring was twisting. however, when i looked at it, it doesnt look like anything is missing. does what he told me sound correct, or does it sound like something else?
94 MX-3 1.6L DOHC 5sp, corksport shifter, crappy intake and muffler
01 SS Camaro, full flowmaster exhaust and hurst shifter
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

He probably meant the rubber collar/liner/cushion part of the upper spring seat. The upper coil spring surface is cushioned by this part. Otherwise the spring rides directly against the metal surface of the upper spring seat = noise. Page R-012 of online shop manual, part #5 on the diag. is the part. The rubber wears out over time. Heater hose can be used for an inexpensive fix. Other option is get it from the dealer for which they probably will charge you your left nut, since it is a left side spring seat. :shock:
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... eater+hose
Image -Jim
lv2xlr8

Post by lv2xlr8 »

when i went to pick up my valve cover gasket from the dealer, i told them about my situation. I dont know if the guy understood the piece i was talking about, but he said it was about $10. which if that is true, and it is the piece i need, that will be the cheapest i have ever fixed anything on the car for.
94 MX-3 1.6L DOHC 5sp, corksport shifter, crappy intake and muffler
01 SS Camaro, full flowmaster exhaust and hurst shifter

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”