Moon Roof

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
mazdaguy25mx3

Moon Roof

Post by mazdaguy25mx3 »

i was woundering if there is any special lub. for the slide on the Moon Roof? cause mine is moving offly slow. Please Help..

thanks
Chris
"Demized Concepts" My Friends and mine car club. also on myspace.com

http://WWW.Myspace.com/demizedconcepts
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

White Lithium Grease works well. Its relatively thin but long lasting.. perfect for those sliders.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Ditto on the white lithium - comes in a spray can with an extension tube for easy application. My last lube-around on window regulator and sunroof tracks I started using a silicone spray lube, which seems to last longer and attract a bit less dirt. Can't recall the exact name but it was the NAPA autoparts house brand.
Image -Jim
92blackmx3

Post by 92blackmx3 »

now that we're talkin bout moonroofs how come with mine i gotta push up on it the same time i push the switch for it and i gotta push the button a couple times to get it to start to move
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Clean and lube the tracks. Also.. clean and or replace the switch.. its probably worn out from years of use. Taking it apart and cleaning the contacts with q-tips & alcohol may help improve conductivity and help it work better. Lubing the tracks will make it that much easier to move.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”