Solo_ryder - 1993 MX-3 GS - Update! Random snow shots!

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Ok, so this is what it sits like today (the 4th). I am having huge issues with the removal of the passenger side CV axel! It will not come off!

Installed ECU:

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

DUDE that is so freaking bad azzz, I LOVE your mx3, its all clean, the engine bay WOW you did an excellent job! You make it look WAY to easy.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Got my B&G springs today. I am getting ZX2 struts soon, they are already ordered via ford racing for 240$ CAD shipped. Should be 2 weeks.

Also got my MTX sub in (she's a monster!) and my new box. I did this because my old setup was way to heavy, this is abit lighter:

It is snowing out here like a MOFO and I hate it. I feel really bad starting my mx when it is so cold out as I am paranoid of the antifreeze and the waterpump as well as the cylinder walls being sctrached cuase it is so cold. So I pareked it for now and will drive my moms purple taurus :lol:
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Guess I got abit of a update today, have gone about 7K on the ZE and so far no issues accept a idle problem and a header leak that I am to lazy to fix. Pretty annoying. Here are some pics from the other day:

Will post up a updated bay pic soon. I also installed a MSP shift knob so I will get some interior pics as well.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

K well I am back 10 min later, here are the pics:

New Shift Knob and a modified shifter:

Revamped and cleaned bay:

Other side, the fram fuel filter is used to filter my PCV valve, change it about once a month, catches alot of crap:

Money shot!:

Feel free to leave me some comments guys!
o0loopy0o

Post by o0loopy0o »

gorgeous :twisted:
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Thats lookin man, i love black mx-3s. Love what you did with the engine as well, looks very neat and tidy. My ZE is such a mess right now. Good to hear that it runs good! To fix the idle, try resetting your tps, as well as your idle, and i bet you that your intake hose is cracked.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

nice, ive always loved this engine bay. hey haha see that fuel relay next to the ecu? lol thats my "anti theft" I always take it out when i leave my car.. (car wont start without it)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I promised myself I would keep these bad boys a surprise, but I wanna show them off cause I think they are awesome. My one of a kind Konig Heliums, Gunmetal with a custom polished lip wraped in 95% tread Yokohama AVS es100's. Got it all for 1100$:

Going to put the suspension and the rims on the car soon. Also getting:

- New front 02 sensor
- Front rotors and pads
- Rear rotors and pads
- New rear caliper, my eBrake dont work as the lever on the caliper is eff'd

I am gonna paint the rotors with high heat paint so they do not rust, I CANNOT stand rusty a-- ugly rotors. Calipers will proly be painted black or silver.
mazdax3speed

Post by mazdax3speed »

under your hood is re-dunk-u-lously clean
and how, if you dont mind me askin, did you get heliums in GM with a lip??
i like those rims alot, but they only come in silver bronze, and the rare 15" blacks
Orange 95' BPT GT28r, MSII on the way
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

mazdax3speed wrote:under your hood is re-dunk-u-lously clean
and how, if you dont mind me askin, did you get heliums in GM with a lip??
i like those rims alot, but they only come in silver bronze, and the rare 15" blacks
The guy I bought them from had em Powdercoated and the lip polished at a shop in Vancouver, that is why they are one off's. look cool eh? Thx for the comment!
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Interesting Idea.. ;) Considering I have just ordered a set of 15" Heliums for my GS in Silver.. I'll have to remember the powder coat idea if the rims ever look like they need a refurbish :)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Nitrous Fusion

Post by Nitrous Fusion »

The engine that you have mate is a very rare engine. Thats the same engine I have and thats a new Low compression ZE from japan. the compression ratio is 9,2:1 instead of the standard 10,2:1. Your valve train is also different. The normal ZE has different size valves for inlet and exhaust aswell as HLAs but your engine has the same size inlet and exhaust valves and your cams have the new type friction gear, so no more ticking.
If your ever going to boost you have the best engine for it.
keep up the good work.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Installed a new intake last night, it is a one peice 3" intake with a new filter, sounds awesome:

Exhaust shots:

Mx3Baker

Post by Mx3Baker »

and where did u get that intake i like it the whole 1 piece things is great
93 Mx-3 GS
5 SPD Conversion

Worklog at
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=54796" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”