NEW CAr

Other - General Mazda Discussions
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

mitmaks wrote:MR-2
an mr2 for 4 grand will typically be a 91/92 na or super beat to hell turbo that you'll be spending another 4 grand to get running properly. mr2's like the big brother supra's have held and actually increased in value. to get a decent mr2 expect to pay at least 6k for a 91/92 turbo. i got my 93 turbo for 8500 2 years ago and now they are in the 10k+ price range for just about 99.5% of 93 turbo's 94/95 turbo's go for about 9-18k.

DJPRO wrote:I have the best of both worlds. MX-3 & MX-5

-dee
best of both worlds would be the klze mx5
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

How about a Rotary MX-5?

-dee
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
tysoe

Post by tysoe »

I have an MX3 and a Miata. I'd get a Miata for the money, allthough I prefer the NB over the NA and NC models.

MX3 doesn't feel like a miata partly because of the heavy weight of the engine and more understeer. If you have a proper alignment with the MX5 the steering becomes super precise and because of the light weight and 50/50 weght distro it has an easier time getting around the corners.

I love my MX3 though, Great for hauling stuff and a lot more comfy on the freeway. Both cars have a close 1st/2nd gear that makes it a bit slow at the lights. Miata gives you a lot more confidence than the MX3 when your driving it.

If you were going to get a miata now, it would probably be an NA for that money. They don't handle quite as well as the NB, but the NB is also more refined a little heavier whilst the NA is noisy, has worse brakes and is less rigid.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you chose, I love both my MX3 and MX5, allthough my MX3 has been neglected the last few years, I just started taking care of it and will be rebuilding the suspension :).
o0loopy0o

Post by o0loopy0o »

not many cars handle like a miata, I don't think you could get a 240 to handle like that, its Engineered from the ground up to be one if not THE best handling sports car out of the box,
tysoe

Post by tysoe »

I think what makes the Miata a great handling car is that it is easy catch the back end and control it when driving at the limit. Much easier than a S2000 or one of the various mid engined cars like the MR2.

I suppose the lower power helps quite a lot too, but I can't think of a better car to have fun in, driving around town and keeping within the speed limits. You can really toss the car around sharp corners at junctions at 30mph without using your brakes and watch some daft twit in an SUV try and emulate you in your rear view mirror.

Cars like the S2k are great too, but they don't have much power unless you get over 6000RPM, which is kind of pointless around town and likely to attract too much attention. Great for on the track though :)
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

my buddy has a 240 witha tanabe suspension kit and he was telling me it 24 way adjustable. now why would you need that on a daily driver.
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot

Return to “General Mazda”