Insurance companies wont insure this car.

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MeNtAlPaTiEnT

Insurance companies wont insure this car.

Post by MeNtAlPaTiEnT »

I've called around and nobody will insure an 18 year old with a sports car. This is a major let down for me, almost brought me to tears! Anyways, if I can't get this car by any means, I might have to settle for something that's nowhere near sporty and sexy, possibly a 4 door neon, accord or maybe an oldschool cutlass. Damn you insurance companies dictating which cars I can and can't get!! Any back roads I might be able to take to drive the mx3?
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

I know here in Saskatchewan, they don't care what you drive, they just charge you more. But I find it hard to believe that they won't insure a FWD sporty compact to an 18 year old. There has got to be an insurance company that will do it. There are plenty of < 18 year olds on here arn't there?
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
Boris

Post by Boris »

if u don't have any major tickets, try meloche monnex. I was with them when I was 17 and driving an audi :D They were charging me something like $1700 a year, which is DAMN cheap for that age. They have all sorts of discounts (i remember one was a discount if you join a certain wine tasting club... kind of weird that insurance would discount for something that could promote drinking and driving, but meh).
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
hharb

Post by hharb »

ok listen to this i was insured when i was 18 and i only had my G1 lol, it was a 93 celica gts which is just as sporty as mx3s, so yeah i dont know where u looked and how u got these answers but i am sure u can get insured no problem.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Can you not get just liability insurance?
here inthe states, most places its the law to have.
In Memphis, if you get pulled over with no proof of insurance, you get a HUGE fine.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

In pretty much every state you're required to have liability insurance at the least. Unbelievable how nobody would insure you, not like you're driving Cobra :lol:
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Given the displacement I'm surprised they label it a sports car. I don't think my insurance company thinks my car is sporty.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

mr1in6billion wrote:Given the displacement I'm surprised they label it a sports car. I don't think my insurance company thinks my car is sporty.
ITs not the displacement, its on the amount of doors......i had a toyota tercel & they labeled that sports coupe cause it had two doors....

in MD we have MAIF, for people that cant get insured ...its state sponsored

jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Hahahah wow 1700. My insurance is 700. Saskatchewan Goverment Insurance FTW
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

wow i pay liability 80 dllrs for 3 cars, i am 25 tho maybe thats why.

Imagine if insurance companies find out about the ze swaps.. lol
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Post by import_fan7 »

i pay about 80$ a month for my 95 rs ...well because i put the insurance under my mom as the primary driver which im lucky she agreed to that because im keeping it that way till the car is all finished gettin mods done because i knew if i paid insurance under my own ..with my budget i wouldn't be able to afford any mods lol..so to the 18 yr old guy with the insurance issues if you can suck your parents into that ..that would be pretty good...but still i agree with the rest there should be an insurance company that will insure you..when i was 17 i bought my first car a honda crx si and i found companies that would insure me but they were gonna screw me for money big time!!
1995 MX3 RS - SOLD :(..... i will remain on this site!......hopefully buying a v6 mx3 spring 09!!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2564737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I got my GS when I was 21, was paying $2600/yr for her. Has my G license, got the driving school discount, as well as the family discount since I do 'technically' live with my parents, who have the same broker. It should be possible, Duncan (fieromx3) and John (mx3autozam) have had their Mx-3's for a while now and according to their profiles, John is 20, Duncan is 18, could ask them who they get their car insured under, but you aren't the first 18yr old who has an MX-3 GS, nor will you be the last.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
MeNtAlPaTiEnT

Post by MeNtAlPaTiEnT »

Thanks all for the replies, very helpful. I tried a few but not all insurance companies so I'm gunna call all day if i have to.
g-mac

Post by g-mac »

I was with Pilot for 20 years, then was living outside of canada for 3 years. When I returned and went back to them for insurance, it was like they had never heard of me before and wanted to jack me the way they do new drivers. I ended up with belair direct and am very happy (as far as necessary evils go).
Quiksilver

insurance

Post by Quiksilver »

hey im 17 and have a 94 gs. i just got quoted today for 270 a month with statefarm. I did get all the discounts i think.....good student,father has an account with them,driving school,G licence,clean record and when i turn 18 in 1 month it will drop to 230 a month. THis is a good price for us young guys ( as sad as that sounds) check them out.
'94 MX-3
web/2456000-2456999/2456631_1.jpg

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”