My Eclipse Order Finally Arrived.

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
chew*

My Eclipse Order Finally Arrived.

Post by chew* »

Well it's been a long wait for my discount to kick in but my eclipse shipment finally arrived and just in time for them to change they're product lineup. Luckily I got last years model deck as my amps that I plan on using for this particular install cannot accept any higher than 5volt preout voltage. Apparently they decided to change the model # and the preout voltage this year to 8 volts. Anyway I am now a proud owner of an eclipse CD7000 headunit / w optional GPS module and Optional tuning microphone. My SQ car is that much closer to being complete this year.

For anyone not familiar this deck retails for $700 USD and is the #1 choice of sound quality for most car audio enthusiasts. Grand total with the optional GPS module and tuning microphone is close to $1000 USD and it's Just a CD/MP3/WMA player. About the cleanest sounding one money can buy though.

Here's a link to its newer brother. It's the same deck save the 8volt preouts and model #.

http://www.eclipse-web.com/cd/cd7100overviews.html
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

so where does the CD8445 work into that list?
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
chew*

Post by chew* »

8445 is a 3 year old deck. If I had to guess It was comparable to the 4000 model last year, and to this years it would be a cross between the 3100 and 5100 this year. There are additions that it does not have though like ipod ready etc etc as the times change. The 8445 is still a killer deck though.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

good to know, thats what i got
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”