brake pads

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

brake pads

Post by mitmaks »

I've got brake pads off of ebay a while ago. Last year I put them on. I noticed pads brake very good after they have warmed up a bit. I get noise when they're cold and it doesn't seem to stop as effectively when pads are cold.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

try using some brake quiet. that stuff works wonders for brake noise comming from the pads.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

its not the noise Im concerned about. Pads seem to brake worse when cold
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

does seem a bit odd since most of us are used to hearing instead about 'brake fade' as brakes warm up.

I suppose it's possible that whatever compound the pads are made if is designed to create more friction when warm. Did you ask the seller about this? were they a specific brand of bad?
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

I remember they were in gold/black box, said something like "gold premium brake pads" I do not recall what brand they were
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

pads like tires have normal operating temps. above or below the range will get worse performance
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

The compound is to hard for the type of driving you do. I see guys buy racing pads all the time thinking it's got to make the car stop faster. Usually the opposite is true until the pads get to the operating temp they were design for. For street driving and drag racing you want a cold compound pad that generates the most amount of braking force to haul you down fast without have to get they to temp first. When you see race car do there warm up laps you will see they accel and brake as well as weave from side to side. No only to warm up the tires but the brake pads as well.
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

My Duralast Premium pads on the "Helica" are that way and came in a similarly described box. They squeel and brake better when warm, but they brake well enough when cold too. Find out exactly what pads they are and maybe someone will know more about what they are meant for.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”