Got my baby back from the bodyshop!!! UPDADED WITH PICS!!!!!

Off-Topic Discussions
94blaze1.6

Got my baby back from the bodyshop!!! UPDADED WITH PICS!!!!!

Post by 94blaze1.6 »

What can i say, except that it looks amazing! I (beeing to pesimist that i am) did not expect it to turn out the way it did, as a matter of fact i was thinking of selling as soon as i get it back from the shop and searching for another mx . I am happy to report that car is not going anywhere! It looks awesome! The color is red the paint is dupont and its snowing out right now so I will try to take pictures this weekend and post. BTW i was driving my moms eagle vision for 2 weeks while the mx was getting fixed/painted and getting back into the mx after felt amazing the way you seat is positioned the high dash the seats the feel of a 5spd all felt very nice after drinving a boat lol. The only problem is that the door i brought the shop started falling apart when they tried to sandblast the rust (the bottom inside of the door was rusted, thanks reaper of souls) So i need to find another door in the near future and they will paint it for me, but i am not in a rush to do it as the outside of the door is still fine. I think i am going to concentrate on suspension next, after that its turbo...Thats the plan anyway...
Last edited by 94blaze1.6 on February 4th, 2007, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
95 RS so far just a paintjob, rims suspension next then turbo...
Image I have turbo dreams and detanation nightmares
Boris

Post by Boris »

congrats, can't wait to see pics. You've had some rough times with the mx, i'm glad it's finally comin together for you
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

My car is about to get done to. I have been working on it for about 4 months now. Its hard when its your 1st paint job.

I ended up Primering the whole car even though i didnt really have to. Only did it because it had a bunch of scratches

I am going to paint it black... keep it black
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

My advice, move out of Canada (assumption). Everything metal rusts to hell there. Anywhere north of Tennesee, there is too much salt on the roads.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
94blaze1.6

Post by 94blaze1.6 »

BEFORE:
passenger side

driver side
ImageImage

AFTER:

I dont know why it looks orange like that cause i swear its red lol. i think its the sunligh in the picture causing it to look orangy. I took off the spoiler because it was cracked pretty bad so now i am sporting the hatch garnish.[/img]
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

She looks good!
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

looks clean
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

'bout time with the pics!

looking good
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
94blaze1.6

Post by 94blaze1.6 »

Thanks guys, I am really happy with the quality of the work. So hard to keep her clean in the winter lol.
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Wow! I can't believe it came back from that so well. Very nice!

How did it get smashed up so bad along that entire side?
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
94blaze1.6

Post by 94blaze1.6 »

got dragged by a semi... bassicly i was cliped from behind which turned me around and made my side of the car perpindicular to the semi which pushed me like that for 100-200 feet till it stopped (snow)
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

WOW thats an amazing comeback. The shop you took it to did a VERY good job. Kudos to you and the body shop. Glad to here your keepin it! How much did they quote the insurance company for the job? I think they should make a forum section called "before and after". Take shots of when you first had the car or if it was crashed, or just majorly changed, and what its like now.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
94blaze1.6

Post by 94blaze1.6 »

Well the accident was my fault so i had to pay for the repairs, it worked out ok at the end cause i wanted to paint it anyway and the passenger side was damaged when i bought it. I always knew it needed bodywork and paint but with my accidednt it kinda got fixed all at once. My dad happens to know somebody who works at a a bodyshop and he did all the work on it after his regular shift there, so i had a deal with him and not the bodyshop. That saved some money for sure but it was still a lot for me to pay and I had to provide him with the parts (bought a parts car $1200) and $1700 for labour.
94blaze1.6

Post by 94blaze1.6 »

which reminds me I have some misc parts from the parts car if anybody needs anything. 94 RS seats, headlights, r. tailight, front bumber, hood...pm if interested.
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Post by import_fan7 »

that looks really good after it bein all smashed in...my driverside fender looked like that for a lil bit when my friends neighbor decided to back into it o well its all fixed pretty like that now!!
1995 MX3 RS - SOLD :(..... i will remain on this site!......hopefully buying a v6 mx3 spring 09!!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2564737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Off-Topic”