personal opinions

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
lv2xlr8

personal opinions

Post by lv2xlr8 »

I want to ask some opinions of you guys.

I am wanting to swap my motor out for a turbo. Should I go with the B6T or a BPT? The B6T is cheaper and more readily available and seems like it would be an easier swap. But the bpt has more power, i would also have to get a new transmission for it.

Also, is the b6t a pretty strong motor?

What should I do?
94 MX-3 1.6L DOHC 5sp, corksport shifter, crappy intake and muffler
01 SS Camaro, full flowmaster exhaust and hurst shifter
Boris

Post by Boris »

you don't NEED a new tranny for a BP. The BP will bolt up to yours.... but it's recomended that you put in a prolx transmission with the BPT as well as the B6T since your current transmission is so weak and will have trouble holding that much power.

Then again, Limegreen's BPT runnin 20psi still has the f-series transmission and has held for a few months i believe...
1993 1.6L SOHC. Mazdaspeed mounts, BP09 ECU, BP VAF, Fidanza miata flywheel, exedy miata pressure plate, centerforce mx3 disc, tokico struts, B&G lowering springs, and some sh***y motomaster tires.
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

search it up. This subject has been beaten and beaten again no offense.

Most people doing a four cylinder turbo usually go the route of a bpt from a 323 gtx and a protege lx transmission 95 or older.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”