Should I Attempt This?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
PatMX3

Should I Attempt This?

Post by PatMX3 »

I'm set on using the civic headlight housing for the conversion. I was wondering though, if i just used HID bulbs in the original MX-3 headlight assembly, would the light be distributed okay?, and wouldnt MELT the inside out?. What u fellas think?.
"93 Mazda MX-3 GS. Special Edition* 1.8L
Color -Rasberry Metallic. P-START Ignition*.
EuroLITE Dash Gauge* 77,000/m
#2nd Mx-3 Owner.
Mazda. Get in. Be M o v e d .
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

It wouldn't help the lighting and I'm not sure about the heat. Civic projectors are a second rate mod that yields moderate improvements in lighting. I have posted the draw-backs to the Civic lights many times, search if interested. I would clean the covers, rewire the lighting circuit to get more volts and then use a premium halogen bulb like the Silver Stars from Silvania. That should give better light and plenty enough to see by.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

On the lights it reads "Do not use HID Balb" I guess balb means bulb..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”