Possible alternator issue?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
solo_ryder

Possible alternator issue?

Post by solo_ryder »

I have posted about this before but I continue to have issues, but I have some more information.

Today I reset my ECU and also redid my TPS and turned on my car, it died, i did this a few more times (adjusting my idle screw) until it started, then idled low. Go inside for abit and come out and the idle is back up at 1500 where it was before?

This always seems to happen, idle start low the goes up after driving for awail, also, my guages are always flickering when the thing is ideling which is annoying.

So question is, do you think this is a batter or alternator issue? If my idle is low and I rev it up, it dips down really low and jumps up and dips again.. Let me know if you have any ideas? It is snowy here so I cannot really go anywhere to get it tested.
alreadydefective

Post by alreadydefective »

when my alt went out, the ac was not working right, the lights were extremely dim, if on at all, the dials dipped and went back up, to test this, you run your car, get a volt meter, and check the volts out (from the battery), if its (im not 100% sure) below 14, then your alts goin, mine was at about 12ish, got a new alt and everything started to work
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

i think you are loosing vaccum somewhere to be honest
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”